Round 3 Spa

Discussion in 'ACD Endurance Cup UK Closed' started by Patrik Trefny, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

Comment to the Spa track for next event - I tried it and noticed a huge flickering on this track, especially after start at eau rouge downhill straight.. I had to reduce number of AIs to 13, turn off environment reflections and put shadows to "low". it did not remove all flickering but it is at least playable now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

There was an issue with a version of this track when it was tested for the GEAR Multiclass Endurance Series back in July/Aug, but as far as I know it was fixed by using an updated version, which is the one we have in our Downloads and is linked to from the Race page. Are you using this updated version Patrik?
    I'll test it myself later today or tomorrow.

3. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

Yes, I used the one from link posted for this race. I use VR which is even more demanding for resources, but anyway. I had to tweak my usual setup and adjust parametrrs mentioned previously.

4. Ken Jagger

I've run some laps and haven't had any problems, so I'm wondering it it is the fact you're using VR, but I don't want to blame that when it's unclear. I think we'll have to wait and see if anybody else has problems.

PS - I never use Environment reflections anyway

5. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

actually, seems that some performance issues started for me last Tuesday. there was windows patching, nvidia driver and also oculus driver update. so maybe one of them or some combination is causing performance degradation to my PC :|

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

Server is up

7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't make this one have fun :)

8. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

seems I finally found the root cause. when Oculus installed new software they put in also new Dash feature. it turned on some internal Oculus Anti-aliasing which affected the performance heavily. After I turned it off, everything seems to be back in normal :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

what a damn race :( my Windows decided to start update just at the race start... btw - the one I removed while checking performance issues.. it destroyed my race, caused accidents to others, damaged my car, gave me penalty etc.. so sorry guys I impacted also you :( . then I recovered a bit ant took some posisions back.. but actually I had no chance to join the battle with Ken or Philipp. hope next race will be finally without issues and most important - FUN :)

10. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

11. Denis Gorelov

Denis Gorelov Pro Driver

After i won q with good advantage i thought that i can be relaxed, and victory is smiling in my pocket. But James took position at 1rst lap and when i tried to get it back, i found that dirty air effect is significant and i did a couple of mistakes. I thought let James go - it seems to me that he will have pitstop. I set boost to 1, and began to save fuel and tyres. Time has gone, and no pitstop he made. I began to push. There were a lot of fuel. Last 6 laps i did with boost 4. I easily took gap but then it was dirty air. I dont mean James ate something wrong, or i did it in my room. Its a problem of modern car racing, even virtual one. Finally, i could overtake him. Again - i thought problem gone, i must easily run away. But he didnt let me go, last couple of laps he was near and threated me. I shrink my asshole and using this mode finished race. Im happy

• Like Like x 2
  12. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I wondered what happened to you Patrik, though luck.

Well for me it was not a good race, I was too late and could barley made it to qualifying. I forgot about the boost settings in qual and suffered a lack of practise lap. So no surprise I was the last of the LMP2s. Race was a bit better but still I could not pass Ken. The problem was although I could attack him with a high boost mode, my weak point was les combes which lead to two clumsy overtaking trials.
    After that I crashed three times and thought always this will be game over, as Radillion and Pouhon are places you should not crash. But somehow I could continue and finish the race, atleast with some fuel saving in the penultimate lap. Onto the next one hopefully with more fortune.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Stalled engine at start.
    Thats what you get when come unprepared but got podium out of it so okish.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Good Racing mates!
    At this track for the first time the LMP3 car had the possibility, to extract its whole beauty...wonderful!
    CU next time, hopefully with a fat grid.

• Like Like x 3