rFactor 2 Round 3 Spielberg Historic

Discussion in 'SRO Multiclass Group C & Flat 6 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yea , that rear/mid engine can throw ya some curve ball's in the set up ! gota' think upside down sometimes :rolleyes: & not allot to adjust on those ...

Have you updated your nvid drivers lately Mark? they have had a few in the last 3 months .. Or maybe it was the net traffic ? when you were on last night it was just 3 of us ?? or a low mem issue ?? sorry I don't have much to offer o_O update the vid drivers & do a steam verify integrity check .. but it was fine in the DTM yes? Might have been the Dx11 cars mixed with the DX9 cars that threw your card off ? ..there were 8 or 9 cars on the server when you were trying to join ..

2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Straight from work It was a struggle and never really got into the flow of the track and only 1 training session, short one.
    Pace was there, had okish 2nd stint with consistent 1.49 laps but it was pain ti my tyres.
    Steve was all mighty and strong performance from Scott too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

N00b ;D

4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Didn't expect the Mazda to be dominent here as this is a power track with loooong straights. You have to remember that the Porsche and Mercedes have a boost setting and the Mazda has not. So I was fully expecting them to fly by me even if I passed someone. I was hoping to get them on fuel and tire strategie, but they where conservative on fuel it seems and let me pull away.

upload_2018-4-16_9-38-40.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_9-39-2.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_9-39-22.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_9-39-50.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_9-40-16.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_9-40-35.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_9-40-56.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

pic #3 and 4; something was distracting me and didnt notice these 2 coming up until it was almost too late as I was drifting left towards the armco. Pucker factor turned to a sigh of relief
    as I didnt think he had enough room to pass there! woah baby..

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

It was my birthday yesterday

7. Steve Cornet

Steve Cornet Pro Driver

Y'alright guys, enjoyed the race yesterday, and the track, Speilbergs a great track.

Was great to win! After last race I thought Toni was gonna be bossing every single race, I was so I was surprised to win. I think Toni stopped for tyres which is a 30 second hit where I just took fuel, if it hadn't been for that it would have been pretty close, even more so if Toni practised a bit more. I have pretty good track knowledge of Speilberg too I guess that helped. In the 2nd half of the race Scott was doing the same pace as me without changing tyres, and my pace was still good except for the very end when my fronts were shot. So it was great to win and have a nice clear run, but I also like to see some action too and I think I will in the next races. Had a nice clear run yesterday.

Another good thing it was not a fuel saving competetion like Zhuhai, that was a releif! I'm really hoping Daytona doesn't turn out to be tight on fuel!

I run wing 1 here with it being a high speed track. I normally only ever run 3 wing at any track with this mod. It doesn't really make any difference to the top speed funnily enough, just a tiny bit, but I much prefer the way this mod feels with lower wing.

That was a tough break for Jordi Torrent 4 laps from the end! Practising the night before I spun out of that corner too and went down that 'sinkhole' or whatever it is. When you sink through the grass! Jordi found that same sinkhole right near the end, rough!

Thanks to all the groupC cars for taking the care to pass sensibly, it's much appreciated! See you next time.

Mark - you might also like to check out your plugins - they load at that point, and maybe clear out cbash/shaders folders.

• Like Like x 2
  8. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good review.

9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thank you Flaviu

11. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Those are some good looking photos John! Sorry about the scare Scott. It felt like your were leaning right and noticed you started coming back left when I was committed on the left line. I was expecting you to clip my right quarter.

• Like Like x 1