Round 3 Thruxton - Sun May 3, 2020

Discussion in 'Nissan 370z GT4 UK Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Can’t say I saw that, but was a general announcement made for the rest of the field?

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Well, you tried. But it's actually not a place to overtake someone.

3. It is in BTCC!

4. John vd Geest

Yes, I mentioned twice in the warmup chat that we would suspend the mandatory pitstop just for this event as an official announcement to all drivers. You missed it.

5. John vd Geest

Good to know :)

6. I did ask the question at the end of warm up but didn’t get a response in time!

7. John vd Geest

You posted that a few seconds before session moved to race. I couldn't respond as I forgot to load the fuel tank back up.
    Shall we end this now?

8. I didn’t get the chance!;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I really like these cars ,fun to drive something w/o all that downforce that kind of drifts !b That said an emergency at work kept me from any extra practice, so I came in green .. Thx to Carl for the set , but I said safe stable set ! haha:p , I can see why you were up front that's set was fun for sure ..I did lower the rear track bar a little :eek:..
    Figured I would just hang out and watch the blue flaggers go by me ..lol but in Turn one of the race this is what I saw .. not the drivers fault he was just along for the ride at this point ! lol rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2020.05.03 - 13.46.32.65.jpg
    super fun cars !
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2020.05.03 - 13.49.01.76.jpg Grats Paul on the win !

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jordi Torrent

Jordi Torrent Pro Driver

GRAB_000.JPG At first I had good sensations and a good pace, but a couple of incidents made me lose positions and I was punished with a drive-through. I lost positions and also concentration for the race. One of the incidents resulted in a Drive-Through penalty that there was no way to comply. Regarding the truck that occupied my pitstop, It has not been a problem. I could go through it and stop :).
    On the other hand, it has been curious to see how many of you cooked your tires on the fast corners. you left a trail of smoke and the typical smell of burnt rubber. ; p
    Congratulations to the podium.
    Cheers and Gasoline

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. John vd Geest

True LOL! Sometimes I couldn't even see the apex through the smoke if there were 2 or more cars ahead of me haha.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Good qualifications - first line. :)
    Nice race, especially the first part, eventually P3, but could the position be better? Could the strategy be different?
    Probably yes or not? I didn't know I had a choice, I missed these messages. (Who reported the problem?)
    Congratulations to the winner - good tire management. Paul, how much is left of the front left tire?
    I destroyed the front left tire, chasing Toni first,Then trying to run away.
    In general, I have the impression that this Finn is haunting me in every series I take part in ;):D

greetings

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

Barrett Erickson.

14. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I had made about 3 or 4 messages about my pit box being behind the fence to the guys that came in server later like I did, I changed cars and then I could just get my nose in to my new box. Then Barrett mentioned the problem and then there quite a few msgs with John finally waving the mandatory pit rule for this race.
    Not that I had much seat time since I only noticed I wasnt red light until just over an hour before race, but I was way impressed with the tire management of the no stoppers. Especially since no one would have tested tire saving(?)

15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I feel a bit guilty on this win. It never sits well with me when rules are changed just minutes before the green light but sometimes problems don't come to light until those final minutes when enough people have joined the server. This shows how important the driver briefings are. One suggestion is to repeat the rule change in the 30 seconds were sat on the grid and or to ask people not to chat or drive in the warmup when the admin is giving the driver briefing and to always use capitals to highlight the fact this is the briefing and pay attention. Ou can always extend the grid wait timeand do the briefing there. This maybe a better moment when more people will be paying attention. Feel sorry for those guys that missed the rule change. I nearly missed it as I had to leave the server in warmup to reset my wheel. Very difficult to do anything about the rule change at such short notice so I put a full tank in and went into tyre management from the start. There was still enough left of the front left but it was well into the red. Forgot to look at the final % left stat.

On a different note I once again saw ghosting eg cars appearing in front of me for a split second that were in fact no where near me an after image if you like. Also had a load of sound issues when I was in the pits. These were identical issues to Tuesday night GT3 race although no where near as bad. With only 22 cars on the grid I was surprised to have these issues. Did anyone else suffer any problems?

16. John vd Geest

Not me.

17. John vd Geest

Not me.

18. John vd Geest

Not me.

19. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

This is a common rf2 net code bug .. its like a blink of the eye & you see a car either right in front or actually inside your car with you when no other cars are around .. its so fast its almost transparent . I also saw it about 3 times in the race .. some times I don't see it ..its random & I believe its all related to two things net settings ,pings & packet loss combined with the " Visable cars" number you have in settings , I see it when this number is lower than the amount of actual cars on track (to save resources) mines at 15 cars …. With a large grid check your replay and see if you have cars bouncing in and out of the pits as well, its another result of the net code/visible cars setting ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. On a separate note, was it just me that suffered drivers who weren’t racing me for track position making it very difficult to get past them. I think at least on 1 occasion I got alongside Nuno, who promptly moved off line and into the side of my car. Even if fighting for track position/place, that’s poor conduct (apologies if it wasn’t you Nuno). Maybe a blue flag rule might be useful....where a drive through is given if you fail to comply. Don’t like too many rules really, but if drivers can’t apply proper etiquette, maybe they need to suffer some of the consequences.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2