Automobilista Round 3 Thruxton

Discussion in 'NGM Touring Cars Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 1, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I will not be able to continue the series, I have a new contract and work Wednesdays.:(

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Got to earn the dough to race Doug :)

4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Another decent race, missed the good lap in qualy but took the start from Ken who was in pole. Fun race where we swap places a few times but towards the final 5-10 minutes I slowly lost Ken with a tenth or two each lap. On 2nd last lap my wife called thru my daughter with some car issue (that did turn out to be false alarm) so I got distracted and lost the car in the final chicane. With heavy damage I did however mange to crawl back the final lap. Did however set fastest lap again so I got that tick box at least :D

On to next one :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

That circuit with this car is really challenging. Especially the fast right-hander before the chicane. I really struggled to drive it, at the start of the race, I only tried to avoid a spin. So I lost there 1-2 seconds per lap to the top three, when I had no problem. At some point it seemed clear to me, that I will be lapped sooner or later.

So I tried to take the turn slightly different in sixth instead of fifth gear, and somehow I was able to drive 1:19s with hardly used tires. That helped to avoid going a lap down, which was also at least some fun, after a tough two-thirds of the race. Oh and kudos to @Ken Jagger and @Jens Roos for their drift show at the start of the race (see screenshot). From behind it really looked like, that you both spin out, but both saved it.

And last but not least. Get well soon @Edward Jones

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ken Jagger

A lot of fun racing with Jens, although before the race I expected Scott & Philipp to be in the mix too. We both made an equal number of mistakes, allowing each of us to take turns in leading, but once I got ahead after one of his tiny errors, I was able to very slowly eke out a gap which allowed me not to push to hard on the tricky parts of the circuit e.g. the fast kink referred to by Philipp.
    A shame we are not seeing more entries for this AMS series or in general for the sim :(.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

What can In say. I thought today was Tuesday!

• Funny Funny x 1