rFactor 2 Round 3 Valencia

Discussion in 'Peugeot Sport 207 Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Watched the replay now and I have to admit that it was more my mistake than anybody else. Although I was not attacking you Ken. I was just surprised what happened in front of me. From the cockpit and right after it I was doubting if that was my fault, because it looked like that I was alongside you, which was clearly not the case from the TV-cam pespective. Even more annoying is, that I probably could have prevented that with full application of the brake after the hit to your rear wheel... I only lifted the gas pedal, don´t know why.

Therefore I´m sorry, without the doubts I likely would waited or took that drive through but with I had no clue what to do. I thought probably there was a chance that I could give you the place back I gained as you caught up again but with that though luck later on..., but I know I should have done that drive though. In the most case if you cannot accept something you are at fault.

I think it would be a good solution to DSQ me from the results, which is probably easier than adding a 20sec penalty or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

"From the cockpit and right after it I was doubting if that was my fault, because it looked like that I was alongside you, which was clearly not the case from the TV-cam pespective."
    Situational awareness is like this is sim simracing (at least with rF2).. Happened to me lots of times, even with triple monitor setup.

4. Ken Jagger

It was certainly a fun race with 4/5 cars running so close together for most of the 30 mins. From my perspective, I thought a HIT had been taken out on me, getting assaulted so many times from different directions each time :eek:. After checking the replay I've reached these conclusions:

1. Lap 8 Turn 1 with Sean - Knowing a car is close on the inside of such a fast turn, I feel Sean should have allowed a little more room and not just chopped across on the normal racing line. Room needs to be left for other cars in such close proximity to each other. I'll leave this incident at that, but hope not to see it repeated in future.
    2. Lap 11 Turn 5 with Philipp - From Philipp's car in either cockpit or bonnet cam, my car was always in full view ahead right up to the contact, so it's not a case of lack of situational awareness. Not sure if you're using a tighter FOV setting Philipp, if so that may have been a factor? No penalty given on this occasion, but a warning to Philipp for failing to abide by SRO Rule 3.1 has been applied.
    3. Lap 14 Turn 12 with Nick - Nick ran wide on the entry to this fast chicane, running onto the gravel and losing control of his car, resulting in a collision when he eventually came back on track. This is deemed as a "Racing Incident" therefore no penalty is applied.

However what I did see on the replay, many times in fact, was an intentional disregard for the track limits approaching Turn 1. On several consecutive laps, two drivers in particular were going all 4 wheels off track onto the coloured apron between the track and the pit exit lane, gaining a wider entry line into T1. Whether or not this gave a better lap time is irrelevant, but it is the deliberate use of this off-track apron to try and achieve some kind of advantage which is of concern.
    The drivers involved in this behaviour will receive an Admin warning for this and should it be observed again within the next few races of any series, a DQ Penalty will be given.

Let's hope that future races can be as close and enjoyable as this was, but without these unnecessary incidents.

5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Default I would suggest, but my cockpit view was not as clear as the TV perspective.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Maybe this is even not important because this was not an attempt to overtake the car in front, my plan was it to save my tyres and play the long game. Which meant to avoid to lose time or getting together with other drivers. The latter did not worked here. Another problem was, I had a similar incident the race before and I was unsure too what to do and later Kahel took the responsibilty. Maybe only because I could avoid to spin him around. Generally it is tricky to react to such things because I was both times not prepared on that. Maybe this kind of racing is not my strength.

To be honest I think it is time to close the case, I would have taken all possible decisions the stewards/admins gave to me. And independent from that I will mind more carefully and even in doubt to take a drive through in similar occasions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zac Bremner

Zac Bremner Pro Driver

Despite all the incidents it was a good race, I can't say I wasn't deliberately backing the pack up but my excuse is tire conservation lol. Also good move Philipp :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

It was really funny to see Phillip's cockpit view.. when in triples (at least in my setup) FOV is so much higher.
    I wonder how it would be like with VR ;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  8. Ken Jagger

Isn't it 360 in VR, if you can turn your head enough? :)

9. Zac Bremner

Zac Bremner Pro Driver

360 for owls Ken

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Wish I could try it.. :)
    I would never consider buying it without having a go first :p:D

• Like Like x 1