rFactor 2 Round 3 Watkins Glen International - Sun Apr 30, 2023

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Practice makes perfect!

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I wish that's all it was Lorenzo :)

3. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Trying to balance tire wear is always the problem here - pretty much impossible. I'd be surprised if anyone can go without a change this round. The question then becomes: optimizing the tires that will last a full stint.

Hell, at 73, i'm happy _i_ can last a full stint!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Michele Rizzo

Michele Rizzo Pro Driver

Guys I'm leaving the championship: every race problems with the server. Tonight between qualifying and the race disconnected 3 times. When I came back for the race it didn't allow me to get on the grid as happened two races ago. I'm sorry but you can't run like this. I'm just wasting my time preparing for a race that I can't play. Have a good time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

After the disconnect when I got back on the track my car stalled and I realized all my keyboard hot buttons were gone. No starter. Then so was I. I am so tired of bad luck.:(

6. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

got kicked again during race... Server seem down...

Ok just check the live... it's still going... Was I the only one that got disconnected?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yes we all got kicked out I’m afraid. If it happens again just refresh the server list and try and jump back in straight away.

8. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing all. Congrats to the LMP winner! Grats to all who finished. Quite a few disconnects. I feel the pain.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Awesome race. Really enjoyed that one.

I struggled so badly around here last year in the Oreca and wanted to try and avoid it this time around. Did lots of practice, tried various strategies and did a 45 minute session with 45 GT3 cars to see where it was best to pass traffic. So did the best homework I could.

Qualifying was slightly disappointing. My best was 33.1 but couldn’t manage it in the session.

Good start, up to 4th, was straight into fuel saving to see if I could do this race on a one stop. Whilst still trying to stay in touch with the leaders.

managed to get 26 laps out of a tank, clean pit stop and did my best to see if I could make the strategy work. Took the lead at half distance which was really nice :)

on the second round of stops the leader managed to get out ahead of me, had a great battle with Lewis, he got me in traffic but got airborne on the exit of turn one so I retook 2nd.

however it became clear I was going to be out of fuel with about half a lap to go. Although I was lifting and coasting and trying all the tricks I could think of, I was probably going to run out with a few corners to go. So with Lewis having problems I decided to pit for a few liters to make it to the end and to make sure of a solid points score.

so another podium it is, I’m trying to be as consistent as possible in this league, would be cool to steal a win at some point but the guys up front are a bit too quick for me.

huge kudos to the GT drivers, brilliant job, i tried not to get in your way too much, couple of close calls but I think I got away with it.

‘congrats to the winners in both classes.

• Like Like x 5
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Good job Andrew, thats some serious practicing!
    Watched parts of race at work and wished if been there.
    Those discos tho...think other series are not having this issue?

Gz winners, podiums and finishers

• Like Like x 3
  11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Watkins Glen wasn’t going to beat me again! Lol.

Hope work wasn’t too stressful this evening! :)

The disconnects were odd. Slightly better timing as we could all jump back into warm-up. Still frustrating though. Taner was all over the track at the start of the race. Thought we were going to lose him as well but his car stabilized after a few laps. Feel bad for the others being kicked out too.

it’s not unique to RF2 I’ve been racing on other sims where it’s happened. :(

12. Andreas Seibel

Andreas Seibel Pro Driver Donator

I think that I was invisible to all, everybody just crashed into me! Thought firstly all drivers here are insane, spent most time in pit for repair, till I realised - nobody sees me. Checked it on the broadcast - not seeing me!

13. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

You meant kick from the warm up... but I was speaking about another one... after...

We got disconnect during the race... Paulo and myself... double disconnect at the same exact time.

14. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I had the same thing happen to me in a couple of races a while back. I thought everyone had lost their mind only to realize nobody was seeing me. It seems to have gone away as I haven't had any races like that for quite a while.

15. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I was so proud of myself... settling into a good pace, surviving the first few laps, then settling into a consistent rhythm, caught up to Barrett, finally passed him (after three races of trying! :D) ... and then the car just launched itself into a wall coming out of the chicane, and I lost a lap in the pits with repairs. P8 in the end but could've been in the top 5 had I not had the incident.

Very good driving from everyone all around. Special thanks to Andrew and Taner whom I specifically remember being very patient going through the GT field, but really, kudos to all the LMP2 drivers for contending with traffic on this difficult track.

Congrats to the winners, and I'm hoping my luck turns good again going into one of my favorite tracks next time... CTMP.

EDIT: here are links to the full stream (until 14 May) and just the race

• Like Like x 4
  16. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I am really sorry that this happened Michele.
    It has our full attention to fix this problem for the next round. I have passed this issue on to our tech guys and they will do their very best to solve this problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Paulo Tempera

Paulo Tempera Pro Driver Donator

Yesterday also happens with me ;(
    Warmup everyone disconnected, then on the race when I was leading ……again ;(

18. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I understand your frustration Paulo. Specially when you're in first place. We are trying to get to the bottom of this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

People got disconnected from the official Le Mans Virtual; it's not just a problem for us, but it is frustrating. No one expects random race-ending equipment failures in a simulated race.

As a last resort, all three remaining tracks, and all these cars except the Ligier and the 720S, are available in Assetto Corsa...... I do appreciate the opportunity to finally get my money's worth out of rFactor 2, and as a driving sim, it's incredibly good, but as a piece of software, it's been, uh, less than reliable. I hope we can find a solution.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Do you not think that the problems we are getting with this series at all of the rounds so far, are related to the "RACE AGAINST UNOWNED CONTENT" feature ,which is relatively new. I cant remember having as many problems with other RF2 series I've done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1