rFactor 2 Round 3 Watkins Glen International - Sun Apr 30, 2023

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Oh no please don’t go over to Assetto Corsa, I’m hopeless on it. Lol. Just can’t deal with the tyre model.

joking aside when I used to race on Race Department with AC we’d get disconnects on there as well. However of course you have no idea what the other person is using setup wise. Could be poor internet, WiFi, etc.

I’ve been very lucky, I’ve never had a disconnect "by myself" (if that makes sense) but the issues we had at Road Atlanta are unusual on SRO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

‘The last time we ran an endurance series (a year or so ago) , we had a large grid also and unfortunately although we didn’t have issues with the entire grid being kicked we did have maybe four or five people every race lose connection. Whether it’s because of the number on the server, or something odd like a custom livery that causes it I don’t know but that was before the race against unknown content changes. Some people do still race over WiFi which I wouldn’t recommend for large/league situations but I don’t think anyone is doing that here.

3. Gilles Villeneuve

Gilles Villeneuve Pro Driver

Had a lot of Fun. Thanks for organizing such great Races.
    I feel sorry for the LMP2 I passed in the pit for the 4th place, I dont know what happened to you my friend !

And for admins purpose, Racing against unowned content causes a lot of problem in other leagues I race in. Hope they gonna fix it soon !

Still then, rF2 is the best simulator Period even with those little problems. FFB, Tyres, I race car in real life and believe me rf2 is the top. My friend race LMP3 in France in real life, he told me he only Train on rfactor 2. !
    See you at my home track CTMPS :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes, it does co-incite with this problem.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

One of the few tracks I hope to visit for real one day. I have relatives nearby too, so that and some IMSA action on one of the best circuits on the calendar would be brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Another good race all, Congrats to those that finished and the winners of both classes, Shame to see the issues with discos though, hopefully its all fixable for the next event.
    @John vd Geest you put up a hell of fight, I tried lap after lap to pass you down the main straight, we were pretty evenly matched though. had a run into T4 or T5 and unfortunately we had contact.
    Had a lengthy pitstop and somehow came back out behind john again :rolleyes: found it a lot harder to keep up this time round though, finally put myself in the wall after pushing to hard.

Hopefully ill actually finish one these races before the series ends, I'm sure it will feel like a win if I do :D. On to the next!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gilles Villeneuve

Gilles Villeneuve Pro Driver

And I almost forgot, I just saw the Twitch live from yesterday. Very Very professional comenting ! Love it. The Redbull LMP2 are beautiful

• Like Like x 2
  8. John vd Geest

I want to put a question out to you all as part of the disconnect investigation during the race itself:

Did the drivers that disconnected from the race (not warmup) only buy the car they needed and download all the other car software as "content you do not own"?

9. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. John vd Geest

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Glad you like the work we do! It would not be possible without John, Nigel and the SRO admins though! They're the real merit deserving folks

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  12. John vd Geest

C'mon ... you're making me blush ... :oops::rolleyes::p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

Have to say I love Watkins Glen - it's probably the most fun circuit to drive in all the U.S.of A. and I hope we get to race there more often.
    I'd like to give a big shout-out to all the virtual marshals that were on duty last weekend - you guys are the best. Without you we couldn't race at the Glen, or anywhere else. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of you marshaling at other circuits too - that's real dedication - thank you guys (unfortunately, I reckon you're going to be kept very busy next Sunday, when we get to Canada).
    On a less happy note - I've had to sack my entire pit crew after, not once, but twice, when pitting for a tank of fuel, they refused to give me any more than 3 lousy litres! Truly disappointing. (Probably annoyed with me - just because I haven't paid them anything this year.)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I haven’t quite figured out what the issue is just yet but yes I’ve noticed a similar thing. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of "recommended" strategy I haven’t spotted.

I mention it because every time I come in for my first pit stop the pit crew always try to put in something like 15 liters, even though I have the strategy setup for a full tank.

It’s showing full tank (on stop options) as I come into the pit lane but changes to 15 liters (or so) as I stop, so I have to quickly adjust it during the pit stop. Not a huge issue but I just have to watch out for it. Thank heavens for the joysticks on the Fanatec wheel because, I’d never manage it reaching for the keyboard. Lol.

I was thinking the other day, it wouldn’t be a huge job, but it would be nice if the developers of RF2 would replace Fred the garage guy with a more up to date model, he’s been in that job since the very beginning, he must be due for retirement soon! :D Someone was reviewing the game online for the first time and he burst out laughing when he saw Fred and his low res body and face. Lol. Doesn’t do the game much justice, when you compare it to the iracing pit crew (for example).