Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Zandvoort

Discussion in '2023 ACC GT3 Series' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRH R3.jpg
    Registration

The server is up!

After the last race server errors here are the server settings for Zandfoort Including the temps taken from a 14-day forecast
    Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.31 - 02.02.43.88.jpg

Keep in mind the difference between weather randomness values of 1-9 with 9 being out-of-control craziness

Weather Randomness (Max 9).
    0 gives static weather,
    1 - 4 gives realistic weather
    and 5-9 gives more extreme weather.
    Randomness will generally control how dynamic the weather is,
    and allow the system to naturally deviate from the declared values above.

We are using a value of 3 for dynamic weather based on the current forcast.​

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Haven't done any online racing for months now and didn't notice this series starting, but if i remember (and the boss lady lets me) I will do my best to start from this round onwards. Would like to try a new car. Anyone got any suggestions, maybe something no-one else is running?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Jaguar :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

A true challenge!

5. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Tempting I’ve always quite liked the feel of the Jaguar, but no. Can’t remember driving a Ferrari since my GTR2 days so might use a Ferrari.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I could be wrong but when the game first came out was there a bop style error with the Jaguar?

Because I remember seeing so many races with large numbers of them! Lol. Maybe it was just the fan appreciation for it.

I think it was only as the game got updated and newer cars introduced people moved on.

My little fan geek moment, I spent some some with the Emil Frey team at Silverstone a few years back. A real underdog story. I treasure the team jacket and the cap. Good memories.

Of course like GT1 once the bigger factories become interested it’s so much more difficult for the small teams to survive but at least they live on in the Lamborghini team rather than vanish completely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

My apologies in advance, I'm afraid I've been suffering from a lovely cold for the last seven days which just truly loves me too much! lol.

So I haven't been able to practice much for tonight, however it is a track I know well from over sims so I''ll still be there.

Will try and sign onto the server as early as I can (with a large bottle of water to keep the coughing at bay!) so get as much practice as possible.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Peter Williamson

Peter Williamson Pro Driver

Well that was a waste of time, race destroyed on lap 3 with 3:30 of damage and 2 laps down to the field so there was no point continuing

10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Did ok, learnt lots and my pace was reasonable but too erratic. However no spins.

The last 15 minutes were getting tricky though, coughing pretty badly and I was having trouble concentrating. Stupid cold, wish it would bugger off! Lol.

thanks for setting up the race and well done to all the finishers….that’s it…time for some aspirin and I’m off to sleep… haha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Sorry about the result screen in Qual on the broadcast :mad::oops::rolleyes:..at least it was fixed for the race..
    Nice racing everyone! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Justin de Jong

Justin de Jong Pro Driver

that whas a race under pressure nice racing @Michele Rizzo and @John Beton
    And rizzo your pace whas out of this world thnx for keeping it clean see you at the next one.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
  13. Justin de Jong

Justin de Jong Pro Driver

thnx for hosting and streaming man hope you had a good time :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

That was fun. Haven't done any online sim-racing for months, so wasn't expecting much. The new Ferrari seems fun and pretty quick so that helped I think. I was really into the groove in the second half of that race. I was really pushing like qualifying every lap. Felt good. Was running a higher fuel load in the first stint to give me options on the pit stop and then pitted after everyone else after briefly taking the lead lol. To start 8th and finish 5th is was beyond my expectations especially after being 18th in practice!

The battle for the lead looked intense. Nice live feed Rob.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

So....

Did round 4 go ahead? Wasnt happy with the half a days notice having not done any practise or setup. But got invited out on monday night so couldnt turn up anyway. No results have been posted.

Monza is planned ot go ahead?

16. Rob Milliken

Yes it went but we have decided to make it a non-points event that was open to everyone as there was no signup/registration list .. so it was basickly a fun run ..The results are corrupt anyway and we can't parse them so... On to round 5!