Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Zolder

Discussion in 'ACC Tuesday Night GT4 Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

No ,Eike has PC issues :(

2. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Eike had windows issues Toni. Infinite update boot or some such thing. A pity, as if nothing else I had a very tail-happy Maserati to keep the cameras entertained. :D
    Think I was the sole non-Aston in the top 6 or 7 :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Qualied in 9th but taken out on lap 2 in an obvious punt but no drive through. Over took someone only to have them cut the chicane and not give the place back and then pushed off at turn 1. Not my idea of fun at all, dissapointed with the driving standards and not sure whether to carry on with this series

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Sorry to hear Oli , For the most part these races have been very clean .. Rules are rules and if you feel some have been broken you have every right to protest .
    If you wish to file a protest we have provided the instructions in the rules ! HERE !

• Like Like x 1
  5. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Thank you all had a blast today :p practice went :rolleyes::D, qual ok had a real good lap going but got
    a bit hung up. But I´m sure all can say that ;) . Race was really fun first 10-15 min just try to hang on
    those aliens in front lost some place but got it back after a trouble in last corner with two cars.
    Then I chase John for the rest off the time , try´d to push a bit harder those last 3-4 laps but
    couldn´t find any secure way to, not interupt any off us. And John also had a Aston so there where no advantage there .

As always Big congrats to podium players, and also to Admins for all the effort give us all this fun:p
    See you

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Replay has been posted on the champ page !
    look mid page ,right hand side in red !

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I guess not. Not showing on the SRO YouTube channel.

8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Can I report everyone else for cheating (having electronic aids?) :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Rob Milliken

Ha u-mmm NO .. your torcher was self inflected ! :D

10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Damn, as i was supposed to have day off i didnt so even had popcorn at work :D

11. John vd Geest

Yeah, I saw you were a bit faster than me in the final laps, so just tried to keep it tight and ram out the laps to the end.
    Was my first outing with the GT4 mod and still have a lot to learn. But you gave me a good work-out :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

A bad race for me even if i had a good quali and a good start...

At practice i managed to do mid 38's at race pace so i was very pleased with it. Quali was a bit better at 1:38 but i could do much better if i my laps were clean.
    I did some minor mistakes and i qualified 8th, i could do for sure mid or low 37 so even that i was quite happy with the result..

At the start was trying to be as clean as possible and i did it, i kept my place easily and somehow i managed to get away from the car behind me but also i start
    to gain some space from the cars running in front of me..
    After a few laps John had an incident i dont know with who, both cars lost control and i pass them staying out of problems. At that time was 6th..
    I had in front of me Taner Sellvi and behind me John vd Geest, who was pushing hard and he was right behind my tale for some laps. Was trying to close
    all the doors fairly i believe, even if 2 times i cut the chicane a bit ( i get 1 warning for this), so i made the overtake hard for him..
    In front of me i had Selvi and i watched him he was not stable at his moves so i was trying to be close to him waiting for his mistake.
    One lap later he did a mistake, at the turn before the final chicane, he got wide and with my much better exit speed i tried to overtake him. He tried to close the door,
    but i overtook him from inside having my car almost to the grass and i was getting away. But.. getting to the last chicane and me clearly in front, he lost his brakes or he didnt brake at all because he almost crashed at me.. I am sure this time i was not lagging at all, i ask the guys at chat after the race but i also ask you again guys, specially John who was behind me for some laps chasing me.. Anyways..
    As a result i spun hard, i lost some places and after that i felt my car weird at the back.. I found my self behind Jos and tried to catch him, but i couldnt, i lost concentration i did many mistakes and i start to loose time lap by lap.. Finally for my complete frustration, i had a puncture at last lap and my race was over... Pfff...

Anyways i had some fun trying to defend my place at battle with John and i wanted to push harder Jos but this was not impossible.. Maybe next time Jos.. :)
    Congrats to the winner and podium finishers and of course to all guys who raced.. Maybe next time i have a bit more luck than today..

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

This post has triggered a Admin review . To keep the standards and integrity high here at SRO we are going to have a look into this one .. Anytime someone feels the need to make it clear they are upset we feel it needs & is worth looking into ..
    I will post the results once the review is completed !

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

I can't remember seeing any lag from you. Not in that incident or during the laps we were racing together.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Simone Meazza

Simone Meazza Pro Driver

Particularly tense evening for me, a great desire to redeem myself after Laguna Seca. I connect to the server, not knowing what the pace of others, I'm still ready.

Qualifying begins, I have a very specific plan, I go out among the first and I try to do lap after lap using the 10 minutes, in the end I get 1.36.9 which brings me to Pole Position.

The race begins, I have doubts about the temperature of the track, because during all my race simulations, I had running always with 39 ° track temperature, I adjust the pressures , and I load 2L of fuel more, telling me that you never know: D (never chosen was more apt! I crossed the line with 3L)

Let's start, I repeat myself, not make the mistake of the "Laguna Seca", the green starts, and I see that I can keep Tim Muttram behind me at the first corner, now I know what to do, the first lap i to be careful with the tires, and at the curbs even at the risk of being overtaked.

From the second lap I start with my pace, I immediately see that the track has an excellent grip, and in fact the first laps I manage to run at a low 1.37, I try to stay focused beacuse the race is long and Tim is a formidable opponent! ;) but the race is going well, and I feel in control, but....

On lap 17, I almost have a heart attack, I arrive at the chicane after the straight that leads to the 2nd sector, I see in the distance a car that has gone off the road shortly after and tries to get back on the track in reverse-gear, in a somewhat dangerous way, I don't understand which way he want going, to avoid it, I almost stop. Fortunately, the gap from Tim was good, the last 3 laps, i'm in management, and i keep the lead to the final victory.

Thank you all, because you stimulated me, and push me to give my best!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Okay, fess up, who keeps letting my tyres down on the grid? o_O What is it with these GT4 tyres?! within about 5 laps i was losing pressure fast out of the left rear. Then a few laps later i was losing pressure from my front right tyre! Then by race end 3 of my tyres were running at -2 to -2.8 psi :eek: The sharp handling car from early in the race became an understeering mess on 3 flat(ish) tyres :mad: I had made sure they were all at correct (Warm) psi range before race start yet i get 3 slow punctures. I know we use a fair bit of kerb at Zolder but these seem easy to tear. (also reading Vasilis had a puncture too).
    Anyway, took tbe Porsche Cayman for the first time, qually didnt go great, my car felt un-balanced and was down in 10th or 12th i think :( But made a good tweak and got a decent start and made up a couple of places when someone pushed too hard on cold tyres whilst on the kerbs and span in front of Mark Ekins. I got past another car and soon found myself catching Jos ahead in 8th in his Ginetta. We then had our usual great little tough battle that i thought might last the whole race, but after only a handful of laps i spun off the kerbs in that nasty first chicane and lost 3 places :(
    I clawed a couple of them back and enjoyed a long chase of Plummers Ginetta which i eventually got past. In the final laps i passed Vasilis wounded Aston and finished a surprising 7th or 8th. :)
    I dont particulary like Zolder and the car didnt feel great late on, especially for some of the horrid 90 degree turns but still the race went in a flash and was over before i knew it. Glad thats out the way.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

race was....not so good...tried to reddem myself after laguna, but ended up pushing too hard and ending dead last (18)..

i thought up the order to about 16 and knew i had the pace to overtake a car ahead of me, i was frustrated at myself for bieng slow and making mistakes and frustarated at the car ahead for holding me up...so i made a desperate lunge down the inside (a yellow aston) which resulted in me tagging his rear and spinning him round...i pulled off line and returned him the position...i was an angry man not an unfair man haha!

am i the only one who feels like i have 9 bad races and 1 good one?!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Thank you, was about to raise a protest but will wait for the results of this. I could well be at fault as well so happy to take on board any findings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  19. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I just read your post Mark and now it makes sense to me why the car felt weird at the back.. I chased Jos for some laps and i was closing the gap quickly, actually i gained almost 4 seconds at 3 laps doing my best lap of the race at 1:37.8.. Meanwhile, i had warnings of loosing pressure of both rear tires and there's why i felt my back very weird.. I had a "happy tail" because my rear tires havent grip at all and this explains my mistakes specially at first chicane before sector two.. I really dont know if this had to do with my incident with Selvi or just because i was a bit aggressive with kerbs or was a combination of both situations.. At final lap my rear right tire got dead and was the end of race..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

After qualifying reasonbly well someone spun right in front of me and dropped to the back then i just got annoyed as there didnt seem much point sticking to the track and trying ot overtake people when they just straightline the chicane and come right back past again, not to mention aggressive defensive driving and not preparing to yield despit being on the inside of the corner.

Think i'll stick to the GT3's