Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Zolder

Discussion in 'ACC Tuesday Night GT4 Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

you didnt pick the best track to jump into the GT4's tbh. The cars move around a lot more than GT3's and the braking is different. This track has some horrible tight corners too. The guy who span in front of you looked too wild on cold tyres, could see it was an accident waiting to happen. I was fortunate he span into you, not me! :p The Aston looks better on cold tyres (and all round) than the rest of the GT4 field.

One positive i will say from last night, is the feedback i was getting through the front tyres with my DD wheel just felt fantastic.:cool: They really felt like real tyres, Bravo Kunos, just sort the rapid deflations out ;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

after the game update i had trouble getting the game to load, (eventually got it to work by disconnecting my triple screens and just running on one screen, but by then i had run out of time)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Is anyone else getting a completely blank MP lobby in ACC? i noticed the last couple of races i get nothing and then it says 'error blah blah' after a few seconds. I then have to wait for the text line to let me type in Simracingonline to get our race server to show up. Its like ACC isnt connecting to the web or MP lobby unless specifically told what to look for.

4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

This is generally caused by excessive kurb strikes. I guess that above a certain impact force the game simulates a bent rim. Once you have a ding in it then it will become much easier for 'normal' tire loading to open the bead and let some air out during the race.
    Pretty much any kurb use in the opening lap can trigger this if you're still hammering over the kurbs - Both Simone and I totally avoided them through that horrible 1st chicane on lap 1, in my case for the above reason, I suspect the same for Simone.

A second way I've witnessed pressure loss is running beyond the edge of a kurb and hitting grass before re-joining the track - if you are still turning this generates silly high lateral stress on the tire carcass and could again be enough to momentarily 'open' your tire as you hit tarmac again. I had this issue a fair bit during practice at brands thanks to my wondering G25 and adjusted lines and steering angles to suit.

And I'll trump loosing tire pressure - I lost all fuel pressure as I changed into third on the last lap entering the S/F straight. I coasted the last couple of hundred meters rocking in my seat, watching my mirrors and praying (swearing like crazy at my pit crew). I can't believe my luck in somehow still taking 2nd....

@Mark (E) Report it if that blatant - it's the same drivers as race in the GT3 ACC races so that behavior won't magically stop just because you switch classes in the future..

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

yeah thats what i thought Tim, ie kerbs. They have done some cool modelling if they can detect the kerb edges cutting the tyres or repeated kerb strikes as you mention. But that would make sense with firstly my left rear tyre as thats the one most likely to skate out over kerbs (as it also gave me a puncture for that tyre at Brands Hatch) then my right front that kept clobbering the kerb in the nasty first chicane. I guess the left front joined them in sympathy :oops: though could also be from striking that first chicane repeatedly once i lost the Caymans earlier pin point handling.

6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I think actual physical damage would be pretty easy to simulate - the tire supplier will give all that data to the teams anyway if the series run's like most other controlled categories. If they gave the same data to Kunos then all the physics engine needs to know is what the maximum force the sidewalls can take and what the expansion of the tires is (To calculate kurb/rim strikes).
    Add in a basic variable to adjust these values with tire pressure and you're practically done. Exceeding those numbers will then cause damage, the engine will be able to calculate what they are exceeded by and from there a damage factor of 'x' can be applied with appropriate damage effects.

ACC is having a bad effect on me - I like to STOP thinking about engineering when at home. I just find myself thinking more and more about the mechanical aspects of these cars and then again about how Kunos are modelling these things! Racing is supposed to be relaxing :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Relatively quiet race for me after the initial close battles with the Porsche(s).
    The Ginetta is a great car but I cannot extract from it as much as the Astons give. With not much practice, qualy wasn't great (p10) and, as soon as the race started, the porsche(s) behind became an immediate threat for position. Sorry @Joel Ryczek for the frustration generated early in the race. Your (and @Mark Johnson) end of straight speed was brutal but the ginetta was more solid on the cornering and that didn't help much your causes.
    Having managed to hold well in the initial laps, I settle into a reasonable pace, very consistent, during the race. Took all the free gains from mistakes in front and ended the race sustaining @Vasilis Doumanas Aston's attack with my fastest lap (one to last) in the race.
    All in all, not a bad race but it would have been great having better pace earlier in the race to challenge @John vd Geest and @Björn Johansson in their Astons.
    Next time.
    Video as customary here:

• Like Like x 6
  8. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Same here. I just refresh and, sooner or later, the server comes. It's not very solid yet.

9. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

Gentelmen: We have had a look at the replay and a penalty has been issued .
    There may be others but this one has been reviewed .

I have decided to post these review vids here for you the drivers to see what we are looking at in the admin penalty review thread.

Driver at fault Joel Ryczek Violations : punt with no drive threw/give position back ..

It appears he try's to cut the chicane or has out braked himself, either way this is a risky move , he clips Oli's tail & sends him off . Joel does end up in the grass/dirt from this and he does let some traffic pass but does not wait for or give the position back to Oli , or do A drive threw this alone gets him a penalty ..

another look ,

Fast forward a few laps Oli recovered from his punt and still racing is making a pass on Mark Leight for position , he makes the pass & jumps out ahead a bit . But lo & behold Joel is again on Oli's tail ! now he's side by side with the just passed Mark as they race to the same chicane from Oli's punt :D Now its on with all 3 cars racing to the chicane ! ..This is Oli's 2nd complaint he claims that Mark cuts the chicane to get the position back . If you watch the vid you can clearly see Joel & Mark doing a little door banging :oops: ending up in Mark getting turbo launched into the grass and survival kicks in so he just keeps it strait IMO this is not an attempted 'Cut to gain advantage' And will take no further action towards Mark & just call it racing Luck ..
    For Joel however he just had a bad day & is going to have another bad day for not simply doing a drive threw during the race for the contact & spin on Oli ..

have a look>

We all want clean racing , we also all know things happen in the heat of battle , after all it is racing & a little door banging is just part of the sport . However If you know you were responsible for an incident with another driver resulting in a crash, off , spin or what ever you owe it to that driver & the rest of the drivers to follow the rules and either do a drive threw on the spot or wait for the recovering driver to give his position back .. In this case it appears Joel was in a position to give Oli back his spot but he only let a few un involved cars by before returning to the racing . In this case he should have now done the drive threw as waiting for Oli took a long time , this is in the rules, you may continue on if its not safe or waiting takes to long but you then MUST do a drive threw if you cant give the position back .

Thank you
    FKR Admin ;-)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Fair enough, thanks for taking the time to look @admin

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I think its benficial to all to see these reviews. It shows incidents are looked into as there is no record in the threads or race results. Also to help remind people of the rules.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Completly my bad I lost concenration after called 3x track cut which are absolutly slightly but game really frusrate about track cuts. I was actually gonna go to pit through but adjusting fault by me. Could not recognize touch you beacause of not feeling and vision at that moment. I am ok any penalty. You are right and I am sorry mate.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

No problem at all, those things happens at simracing, at my previous race i almost kill Mark Johnson because of my bad internet lag and of course of my bad perception of the situation. At the end i believe that my tires lost their pressure of my chicane cuts and no from the incident itself, because after 3 or four rounds later i did my best lap chasing Jos. And as you said i also lost concentration and maybe this is a lesson for me to not be frustrated of those situations but being calm and continue the race as much better as i can :) So no hard feelings at all, thank you for your respond :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

After an incident you need either a Zen-like trance - or if your car is really good you can put the Red Mist to good use re-gaining time :D
    Hard part is knowing which to go for!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1