rFactor 2 Round 4 Autodromo do Algarve - Sun Aug 7, 2022

Discussion in 'FIA GT1 2010 Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 7, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

What a tough track! It's hard enough to race the track here let alone race each other! lol
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 14.05.55.97.jpg
    Grats to the top 3 & all who finished! & sory to Toni having break drag again :confused:..
    What a race! Had a last min set sent to me by FKR teammate JG;) & instantly gained 1.5 sec's! (Thx Johnny:D)
    Had some really good battles while trying to stay in the top 10 for points! :eek: lol (I Q'd 9th so was hoping to get at least 1 point this round:D..)
    found myself in 8th after a few laps after seeing Barrett have an off letting a few of us by & battled to defend until the pit stops, With Paul,Barrett & Edward behind me with better pace I decided to go with an early pit stop & hope for the undercut to possibly give me a gap I could defend for more that 30 min :rolleyes: Wishful thinking lol ...When i came out I pushed like a mad man to try & get around as quick as possible & it seemed to work as I came around seeing the 6th 7th & 8th in the pits! This put me nicely up in 6th with a slight gap & then IDK what happened but next thing I knew I was in 5th! Then i saw it was JVDG who was originally in 5th making his way back through the field and soon he was on my ass lol.. I knew he had more pace than me :rolleyes: we were racing for position after all so I tried to make my car as wide as possible down the strait and take away the inside & make him earn it around the outside ! lol to my surprise he stayed inside and obviously thought he had cleared me as he started to make his way back to the outside for the T1 apex & that's where it all went to hell in a hand bag lol rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 15.02.58.80.jpg We made contact and did some synchronized drifting ....:rolleyes:

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 15.03.37.50.jpg
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 15.04.02.61.jpg As we spun around fate would have it that I ended up being saved from the wall by sliding into his quarter panel pointing me back in the right direction & I was able to escape with slight bent steering but HUGE flat spots on all 4's lol This led to everything shaking off my desk & falling to the floor & scaring the dog LOL.. Sadly Coleo was not so lucky & had nowhere to go but right into JVDG :( rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 15.00.50.73.jpg After this it was hold on time for me as I now had to fight the car and the track o_O:rolleyes::p I was still in 6th but knew it was only a matter of time lol before Barrett & Ed would catch up to me .. Still managed 8th so very happy to finally get a point or 2 in the series!

Grats to FKR teammate Johnny for going from last to 2nd!! what a run ! rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 14.47.24.42.jpg
    Great racing from everyone! rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 14.08.28.68.jpg
    See you all in 2 weeks @ Sao Paulo!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 15.06.26.04.jpg :p:p:p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

I practiced a few hours before the race, a few things seemed weird to me with the car but hey, and when I watched the replay, I saw that I hadn't chosen the Ford...
    but the Aston! :cool:
    as I felt good, I decided to run with it, and maybe the next one too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

NO-SHOWS

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

The following drivers have been removed as a no-show:
    Oussama Knani

Raam Adithyan
    MichaƂ Kunicki
    Daniel Iordache

5. John vd Geest

I'll give you a hint ... She works for a model agency in Siberia ... eh, in her village ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I watched the race live until the end, it had many great battles, a stunning comeback from Johnny indeed and some bad luck moments as the incident with John and Rob..
    When i saw it i was about "Ohhh dear God what happened?? :O"
    Very very entertainment race with lots of overtakes and great commentary from the guys (sorry i don know their names :( )
    Bad luck for Toni either with his brake issues, i watching that suddenly he was loosing pace and i was thinking "Oh the guy is having a problem for sure.."
    I thought was a tire issue but later he wrote us at chat that he was having real brake issues.. Too bad i believe that he could win the race despite the fact
    that Miguel was superfast too..
    Anyways even if i couldnt join the race, it was a great pleasure to watch it live.
    Well done to all guys :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Nassim Alaoui

Nassim Alaoui Pro Driver

Thanks Vasilis, Glad you enjoyed it and saw it Live, it was a very entertaining race indeed. in the commentary, it was me, Lorenzo and Ricardo :).

• Like Like x 2
  8. John vd Geest

YouTube Stream