rFactor 2 Round 4 Bahrain - Sun Oct 18, 2020

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

That was a dull and boring race (for me). Seriously, only 4 LMP2 ? Sorry, but I won't race on LMP2 for a while if there's so little interest in it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

Apologize to Vandenberg for the backend accident, really sorry! I tried to give back the position, all I could do after my "rookie" mistake.
    I had a great but hard race. I haven't driven GTE in this year and I never driven on Bahrain. Isn't being my favorite track :D
    After an incident I had over 2 mins repair time, that take my all chance to be in fighting for positions but I don't mind, was a great race, enjoyable, clean (only 2 race accidents).
    I'm glad to found You guys and I joined the league.
    I'm looking forward to next races, hope will be better. At least I know the next tracks :D
    Thanks to the staff for organizing!
    Cheers
    Balazs

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Wow, that track is definitely not friendly to the Porsche.
    The Ferrari is stupidly OP. Lap cars running more than 3 sec slower a lap than me were able to just drive away from me no matter how good of an exit i got out of the apex. I was running wing 1 in the ass backwards german slot car and I still couldn't overtake any Ferrari on the straight. We're talking an easy 5 mph faster than me even if the Ferrari had an absolute shit sideways corner exit out of the last turn. By the time we passed the pit entrance, it was over.

Anyway, had a lot of fun battling with John for the first stint. Decided to pit a few laps early to try the overcut and beat him out of pits, but ran into some lap traffic and lost a bunch of time.

Grats to the winners, Johnny and Victor were in another timezone. :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Accidents happen. You reacted politely afterwards. I had some damage and did not want to pit that early. So I planned to repair the damage at the first planned pitstop. Not sure if I lost some pace, but I did loose some grip. The following 19 laps we had a nice battle :) It's a pitty that after you passed me in lap 19 I believe, I could not avoid crashing into a car standing still (It appeared to be you again). That indicent caused us both serious damage I think. I had to pit for more then 3 minutes for repairs. Combined that with refueling, but that meshed up my planned pit strategy. Finished at the start-position :(

Congrats to the winners, and CU all next time!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Long race, steady pace, minimum mistakes, mostly easy with traffic.

Some slower class cars kept diving out of the way or auddenly getting out of driving line.
    I do like the clean line but its little dangerous as its very unpredictable specially when done at latest moment when realize theres a prototype on your mirror.
    Also was wodering during race rhat it musnt be fun for tou either.
    The speed difference is so big that protos can pretty much overtake where it wants but sometimes its not even wise and sometimes proto will just slam you sideways.
    Its my job as a proto ro find a safe way to do it.
    Personally if I see unknown driver im kinda little ready for various things and even try to see the race going on and do my passes so that it doesnt give advantage to either.
    If you racing my team mate, i might slow you down little more and some protos are sometimes in idiotic mood and in too much of a hurry, slam your door ( done it as well, not sure when but must have ).
    Traffic is challenge and half the fun.
    Such is multiclass, even even only 4 lmp cars.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Race :)
    Racing Viktor :). Great time.
    Everyone racing around me, the passing of LMP and GTE's :)
    One GTE backmarker for the life of me, did not want to let me by. I had to actually race him twice. o_O:eek::confused:
    Overall, I had a great time with you guys racing.

Congrats to the LMP winner (not sure who this is yet) and finishers!!. :cool:

Cheers guys.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

As in officially possessed? :)

If these cars are over powered, I believe something should be done. Not cool.

8. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Well said Toni.

As someone who prefers to have faster traffic in their mirrors that in front of them, i do my best to accommodate in places that will cost me the least. And in situations where i have nothing at stake, i try to be as obvious as possible that i want you to come thru. rF2, unfortunately, isn't always as helpful as i want it to be because a flash of the headlights is usually not perceptible to the following car.

9. Barrett Erickson

Results at one or two or six tracks shouldn't trigger SRO admin action. Yeah, if we start seeing grids consisting of 10 Ferrari's and 2 or three other makes, or multiple series where no other mark is winning ... yeah, that would be reason to be concerned.

It's really up to S397 to make this sort of assessment, as it would be for IMSA or FIA or whoever the sanctioning body is, as they have broader data.

10. Barrett Erickson

11. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

I understood that with the latest update of the GTE cars the BOP was adjusted to give more equal performance. Before, the BMW was known for being faster. Not sure if that is still the case. Which car you drive is a matter of personal preference IMO. (For your convenience: whatever gte car, I will not be a thread :D)

12. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Did anyone notice that someone blew their engine and left a lot of oil on the track at the first corner about 1/2 through the first stint?
    I didn't know the sim was that realistic. Honestly, 1/2 way through the stint, my rear end started doing really funny business @ that corner for a while. Didn't experience that in any of my practices and I addressed it later by using more throttle during braking. I almost spun out about like 10 times in a row. Maybe I need to revisit my preload?

13. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

LOL Johnny. :D
    As in "OverPowered". I'm not saying SRO/John should do anything. Just an observation as to the latest s397 BOP.

I think it's the old "Ferrari licensing requirements buff".
    In any game, if you want to license Ferrari cars, they *wink wink nudge nudge* basically want you to make their car the fastest/most powerful.
    I expect s397 will slowly even it out a little bit more in the next year or so with more BOP, once they aren't under Ferrari's radar anymore. With all the races s397 and VEC runs, they eventually will sort out any extremes in the cars eventually. The Vette/911/BMW are pretty even now, it took them a couple years to get to where they are now.

14. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

SRO bahrain 2.jpg

SRO bahrain 1.jpg

SRO bahrain 3.jpg

SRO bahrain 4.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Gilles Villeneuve

Gilles Villeneuve Pro Driver

Congratulation for the Winners. Sorry if I did some mistake didnt do long race since a while. We will work harder. Yann was happy with his 14th place for his first race with you !
    Very Skilled and Pro drivers here wow. We will need to train harder!
    Cya at the next event. Thanks for the superb organisation :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1