Assetto Corsa Round 4 Bathurst "The Thomas GP"

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Will check tonight

2. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

This will be even better than the last round, can't wait to see! Please tell me this will be livestreamed ^^

3. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

New link worked many thanks...

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I don't like this track. The winner will be the one that doesn't crash. I only did about 20 laps here and am not looking forward to the race. I'm thinking Dzintars will do a 2.16 in quali because he did a 2.17.8 a week ago. Not sure what Alex is capable of. So it will be damage control for me.
    I'm glad the next 4 tracks I do like.

5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Lol its the green hell. !!

6. Rob Milliken

Alright lads , This race will be a true test of concentration,skills,stamina & luck !! Think of this being more like us vrs the mountain lets work together & see how many can survive! Lol:D...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I've never had so much fun being so far behind the leader. This is the sort of track I love to go to. Too bad I'm apparently terrible at it. I expect I'll qualify last, get stuck behind a full-course blockage, and get lapped by Dzintars and Roy on lap 2. If I had taken the time to practice more, I'd have more bravery through sector 2 and be closer to the lead. Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

On a track such as this, qualifying plays a huge roll, which may even designate the leader for the first ten twenty minutes of the race. After that, it is up to the leader not to crash. These are FWD cars and when overdriven, they will surely understeer into one of the walls. Loose half a second or one for that matter who cares. Better safe than sorry, right? How is the fuel consumption guys do we expect pitstops?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

With my luck if I don't pit I will for sure run out , although with any luck I could get a nice coast down the hill & coast to the line :rolleyes: ...But with the length of this track Im thinking a splash & dash might be needed … :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

There is only one Green Hell, and that is the Northschleife :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Pitstops? The race will be 18 laps. You do the math ;-)

13. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I do not drive in the series and i am not very experienced with the car, and seeing as how a few drivers were out of fuel in the last lap at Vallelunga, i just wanted to learn. ^^

14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

OK, let me put it this way. If you go slow, you might make the 18 laps. If you like to drive fast the fuel usage will be high. It will be a personal thing if someone makes it for this one or not. However having said this, going fast and not damaging the car won't be easy. Like Rob said, its a race against the track this one, not against eachother. And overtaking here will be near impossible. Even getting a good tow on the straights does not mean you can get past.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pasha Paterson

I bet we see people pitting for tires and damage more than fuel. I tried to practice a race setup with mediums (and full fuel) and was incinerating my right front at the top of the mountain.

I actually find a decent setup to control understeer, but it's a bit bouncy on the bumps. I really should have practiced more, but Real Life has been a bit much lately.

16. Pasha Paterson

Also, crunching numbers, even as slow as I am, and in full fuzzy-bunny-slipper mode, I'll be more than 2 liters short over 18 laps.

Almost tempted to start with 30L and plan to take fuel and tires at halfway.

17. Pasha Paterson

Sorry to spam the thread, but I just had a thought. Should we waive the "Don't warp to pits during qualifying" rule for this event? Having half-dead cars limping to the pits on the second half of the course could affect a lot of people.

18. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Don't mention fuzzy bunny slippers around me.:mad: I am still waiting for you to refund my money!:mad:;);):D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Not a fan of that. What you will see then is people go for 1 fast lap on very little fuel, press esc and go at it again. If you bin it, too bad. I messed up my quali last race and had to live with it

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pasha Paterson

I'm not worried about messing up my own lap (that's almost guaranteed ;) ); I just don't want to be sitting across the track when someone finds me on what would have been their fast lap.