rFactor 2 Round 4 Bikernieki - Sat Nov 4, 2023

Discussion in 'USF2000 Awesome Club Track Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 28, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

What was the problem Julian?

2. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

REALLY SORRY to @Phil Brown I got it all wrong at T1 and I thought I was more alongside. Checking the replay I only had my front wheel next to your rear wheel.

Admins..... feel free to penalise me!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Julian Care

Julian Care Pro Driver

I just kept getting a black screen of death!
    I had to control alt delete, and shut down the computer twice. Third time I started up Rf2 without starting up steam, and it let me in!
    Thanks for hosting such a great series by the way!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

No problem Neil, we've all been there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

We act on protests, Neil. And I just saw Phil saying that it's not coming :)

6. John vd Geest

Gave it all I had, but didn't have the overspeed to get closer to Nick Westy, let alone overtake him.
    Also good racing from Liudas Askinis who didn't make any mistake as far as I could tell. He was on top of me LOL.

7. Neil Wood

As I tried to explain briefly in the server (so hard to type with a VR headset on!)

@Johnny Gutierrez and @Sami Vierimaa you have extra spaces in your driver names. I attach the results from the last race.
    https://i.imgur.com/pk581a8.png
    [​IMG]

Johnny you have a space after your surname, Sami you have a space after your forename. This makes matching up the driver to the broadcast overlays a nightmare. I had to take a guess where these extra spaces were last night for my own stream. Rob's broadcast overlays would have also been wrong because of it!

If you don't know how to change it, click your name in the top right of the screen (on the opt out only).

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

Messed up my start because I started rolling backwards and had to hold the brake. Screwed up T1 and nudged @Phil Brown around (sorry!). I then had to chase some cars down. Caught my team mate in the awkward fast right left but managed to get through. I then took advantage and stayed out of the way when @Julian Care made a slight mistake into the last turns.

I saw a car binned it hard through that vicious fast left that I just couldn't get right in practice (FORESHADOWING!), up to 6th and a long way behind the bank with no hope of matching their laptimes.

Spent the rest of the race just trying not to die.... but it was not to be and I dropped it onto the kerb, bottomed out with no tyres on the ground and span around into the barrier taking my front wing off. I limped back to the pits (I had to try and work out where they were!) forgot to not ask for fuel then spent the rest of the race a lap down from everyone, I didn't see another car at all for the rest of the evening.

A race to forget to be honest. These cars remain a mystery to me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1