rFactor 2 Round 4 Brands Hatch - Sun May 19, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Please please please..... stop chatting during qually and the race!! The other 22 cars don't care if you made a mistake, or a cursing someone out for a crash. Rule 3.3.

Did any feel the sound of track side cams was very loud this time? I don't know if this was car or track related.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I am not gonna lie, after the race I was mad as hell. With some time to cool down, I am less mad. There was some good racing on the way, it was also fun to drive the car. On the other hand, what are the odds that the same car caused me to crash, because he drove back onto the track respecitvely racing line after a spin without giving a damn about the cars behind :mad: *whoosah*
    Anyway, I am sorry for that bump Stephen, but you are pretty hard to read. If a car that is about to be lapped gives up the apex, I would expect that he is letting the car in the lead lap by.

Last but not least, I made a recording of some of the stuff Rob missed. No offense, thanks for the broadcast.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing all. I was happy in the top five. I wasn't pushing but I would still catch up to the front runner so that was good. Kiril had a s***** moment and lost it. It blows. We've all been there. Caught back up to Michal. I was happy being behind him since I caught back up with him but wasn't really pushing. I think the reason why I caught back up to him is because he started having these wobbly moments which tend to be scary and makes you back off the gas. I think he felt some pressure which isn't good. Who knows. At one point, he was sideways. Like really sideways. To the point where his car was just slowing down sideways while I was behind him. I don't think we touched. If we did touch, I did not feel a single thing. But I did see his car was slowing down while he was getting sideways so I don't know. If we did touch, I apologize Michal. That's not my kind of racing as no one has fun that way, but again, I did not feel anything whatsoever of another car whatsoever. I just seen a car in front of me get sideways which makes the car slow down more than normal. I just don't like the whole situation of if or if not as that's not my kind of racing. I'd rather race with someone mid pack than to race without someone and win. I was happy being behind him. Oh well, not what I like to see. Anyways, everyone raced, we all had fun. Real winners, Rob with his awesome broadcast and all the beautiful liveries on these beautiful cars from some awesome painters. Anyways, maybe this whiskey is getting to me. Off to join the wild turkeys in the yard and see if they chase me again.

Cheers!

Edit: Freddy Hell was awesome. We were both just doing lap after lap after lap. Good racing. No one was really pushing.

Last edited: May 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

Yes. This is crazy Philippe. Hopefully its just a moment of bad judgement. I have never had an issue with that driver so I am going to give them the benefit of doubt.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'm very sorry for that atrocious rejoin, Philipp. Crossing the track like that was completely unacceptable and it's something I'll make sure I'll never do again. I'm glad you ended up finishing ahead of me because it would have been completely unfair if you lost to me that way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Anyone who feels he has reason, can file a protest after 24 hours. You can send it to me.
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/

7. Riccardo Gengotti

Riccardo Gengotti Pro Driver

I am registered for the race, I canceled afterwards because there are crazy people here and there is no way to finish a race. I definitively canceled myself from the championship.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Heheh i knew it when watched stream @Johnny Gutierrez . There seemed to be something extra in your driving.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ben Summers

Ben Summers Pro Driver

I am Absolutely loving this series and this car. I had some good battles and a few close squeaks :)

ANyone feel free to watch the race from my streams FOV, looking forwward to the next round :)

• Like Like x 6
  10. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

That was fun! Sorry Kai for that bump on the first lap. The Aston's brakes are noticeably more superior to the Mustang. Had some good battles. I was running on fumes at the end. The last 5 laps, or so, were driven like I was out for a Sunday drive in order to save fuel to finish. I could only race if someone came up on my tail. I had to let one car by near the end but fought off another just feathering the throttle, watching the fuel drop. I ended the race with 0.15L. Should have probably done a splash and dash. This race was definitely a challenge in the Mustang but also a lot of fun! Looking forward to the next round.

• Like Like x 2
  12. John vd Geest

I checked, but "fuel saving" isn't in my dictionary.
    But I will put it in now! Jeeeezz ... lost second place because of 5 litres short ... damn!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I appreciate that, no hard feelings. Let´s hope for less trouble in the last two rounds.

Was the opposite for me, I was more effective saving fuel as I expected. So I refuled too much and was not able to burn it by driving with lower gears :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  14. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Thanks for posting that, Ben. Fun while it lasted. That moment when Paul and Christian spun in front of us was a lot scarier from my seat! Not sure how i got thru that without hitting one of them.

I think that "illegal pass" thing might have come from the tight track limits. Was wondering why i came thru so easily.

And, it didn't feel as bad as it looks, but I really need to get control over the rear of that damn Bizzarrini!

• Like Like x 3
  15. John vd Geest

Did you do 1 or 2 pitstops?

16. John vd Geest

@Rob Milliken ... Thanks Rob for another excellent broadcast!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Great Broadcast Rob! You may have a future in this. I think everyone who enjoys Rob's broadcast and wants them to continue should consider donating to SRO. Rob doesn't charge a dime for his time. Doesn't seem fair to me but he will say it's fair because he loves it so much. If you enjoy racing at SRO and want to see more broadcasts then please consider donating to our community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mark Hightree

People here are not crazy. They make mistakes like everyone does. He waited for you to retake the position but you did something a bit crazy yourself....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mark Hightree

@Stefanos Papavasileiou there was no way around you! So much fun. I got lucky and saved enough fuel and was a lap down. Otherwise I would have followed you into pits for splash. Great racing as the broadcast shows. We had that weird synchronous spin on lap 31 that was very odd. Almost like a glitch in the matrix. Had some trouble on lap 1 in Surtees. Thought I left plenty of space but car next to me had too much speed and took us both off. Ah well, it was the most fun I will have all week :) Thanks John for the race and again to Rob for the memories.

20. Mark Hightree

Forgot to give a shout out to my teammate @Johnny Gutierrez for once again scoring all the points. Thanks for carrying the team! Sorry team boss. Will try harder next race :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1