Round 4 | Circuit of the Americas

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

To be honest, I was highly considering it until Jens posted and apologized for the incident. After watching the replay of the crash I just chaulked it up as a racing incident, but still annoys me as it cost me a position. Had it ended my race, I likely wouldn't have let it go as easy.

At the end of the day, you watched the incident (since it is in your highlight video) and as the organizer of this series, if you felt any sort of penalties were justified as the result of that incident I believe you would apply them as you deemed necessary. Me opening a dispute about it won't go back and undo it, so I will simply move on and let the league handle it if they feel the need to do so.

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The drivers themselfs are responsible for protesting incidents like punts and such. The admins only act on their own initiative in extreme cases like intentional wrecking / roadrage / countercourse driving ect.
    We are the jury in normal circumstances for what is presented, not the police :).
    Ofcourse, if I'm part of an incident, then I'm not part of that jury.

3. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Pit sharing is an known problem on some combos, as far as I know it's no easy way to either fix or hard code who goes where

4. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

you can pit two cars in one stall but the first car in needs to be half in the box so the second car can get two wheels in the box also. Still a pain though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Is that for real? xDDDDD I tought of that because grandpa John is behind the wheel

6. John vd Geest

Yes, it's the sad truth :confused:

7. John vd Geest

No-shows

The following driver has been removed from the series as a no-show at COTA:

Tiaan Swart

8. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats winners and podiums!

Race went well. My overall goal was to just have fun. Mission accomplished. I had a blast.

I had a great time racing Jerry. He was fast as heck. Faster than me for sure. I couldn't hold him off, my glasses were fogging up and my shirt was soaking with sweat. I was on softs with no tires changed. I'm not sure if you get time added in the pit stall when changing tires or not. I'll have to check on that. Anyways, I had one of those slow motion spins which Jerry did help me complete. I was already in the spin and we had unavoidable racing contact. My tires were just shot. It was just a matter of time until he passed. I did have contact with P2's but nothing to write home about. Overall, great racing!

9. John vd Geest

Changing tires is 12 seconds extra pittime.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Thanks John.

11. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

Is there a live timing page for this race anywhere? Or maybe an xml file. I’m racing here again today in these cars and would like to have a view of how people did on different tyres!

12. John vd Geest

You will see the livetiming when the server goes up 3 days in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Simon Marshall

So can I see it now? To be clear I’m looking for times from round 4 COTA

14. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

15. Simon Marshall

Yes perfect, thanks, I couldn’t find it for some reason

16. John vd Geest

Click on the "report" link on the right of the resultlist. That shows every individual lap of every driver.

• Like Like x 1