Project Cars 2 Round 4 COTA

Discussion in 'Radical North America Masters Closed' started by Rob Milliken, May 30, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  2. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 1
  3. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Well that was looking like a good race for me for the first few laps, PC froze up 3 times again, so straight in to the pits for repairs, then on the last freeze I broke my own rule off never rage quitting:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and quit. think thats the first time ever. I just had to vent and throw a few things around the house:). I reached my limit.
    Sorry for quitting:rolleyes:. just completely pointless to carry on with the problem.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

I hope you guys all had a good race:):) and congrats to the podium guys.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

thanks to everyone for the race. it is a pity that something happened to Julian, it could turn out an interesting fight

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

@ Roman: why did you drop down to P3 ? After a few laps you grabbed Brian and me again,then just controlled the race, we could not understand. Grats for the win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver

Managed to finish 3rd on a track that I really struggled on. Great fight with Gerhard for the first 15 laps ( great pressure mate :) ) Bad luck Julian, you were way out of in front with Roman who seemed to then toy with Gerhard and I by dropping back to third then passing us again. o_O Confused me the reasoning behind that behaviour but good win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Roman Granatovich

I was distracted from the process, I had to slow down a lot and try not to interfere with anyone. and then we managed to return the pace, but was very tired after yesterday's race for 2.5 hours GT3 at the nurburgring. Two racing days in a row is sometimes exhausting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roman Granatovich

thank you. and congratulations on top3

10. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Great racing at another terrible Tilke-track, i cant beleive this guy is a former racer.

Thank you Brian for another epic battle, the whole race i have just seen your car :)
    Very impressive driving from you, 30 minutes i was less than 1 sec behind you with no chance to pass.
    I wish i would have your skills, i always crack under permanent pressure.

Sorry for Julian and his technical problems. (Julian, it might be your system, because yesterday evening there was
    nearly no laggin, i also had no freezing. Try to sort it out mate, Roman needs a challenger!)

Cu all at ROAD AMERICA, a really great track, we will have a lot of fun!

• Like Like x 6
  12. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

With the right amount of fuel racing with PC2 is way more fun, even if I made way to much erros. Ed got close to benefit from that. Maybe I can improve my consistency for the remaining races, because my fastest lap was in range to Gerhard or Brian.

Furthermore, I can confirm that the race was a bit laggy. Especially at turn 16, no clue why.

I would agree to disagree, it is definitely one of the better Tilke/modern F1 tracks. Probably there is no need for that enormous asphalt runoffs, but with the PC2 curbs going to the edge of the track is still challenging.

However, I liked this car/track combination as much as to drive in Sonoma or Long Beach. Although I will admit, it is not even close if we compare that to Road America. So I am looking forward to that too.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rob Milliken

I'm with you Philipp, I enjoyed this track, the giant sector 1 esses' are quite the Challange & once you get the flow, they are quite rewarding to conquer :D that's if you can conquer them:rolleyes: ..
    I had mid pack pace and found myself in 4th after some intendents up front & was managing a nice gap for about 3 laps :eek: Then I started my 5 spins for 5 spots campaign o_O :(:D I lost the rear in 5 deferent spots on the track and each time I would lose 1 position lol ... The final spin came on the last turn where I went into my final position 8th :rolleyes::D so from 4th to 8th in 5 easy spins! :(:p.. I still had a blast racing these super grip machines with you guys & look forward to RA another outstanding track!
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2022.05.30 - 13.44.34.38.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1