Project Cars 2 Round 4 Imola

Discussion in 'BMW M1 Procar 2021 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

2nd race here with Pcars and the M1, and a new 5th time...unexpected for me:)
    Even if I benefited from some outings like in Fuji, there were some good fights and it wouldn't have taken much more time for the tires...
    Will I have as much luck in the next races...?:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Happy with P2, very sorry for Viktor loading the wrong setup.
    Julian did not care, he did his 25 laps with precision of a computer and
    the pace of Ayrton. Grats and thank you Julian for not lapping us. :eek:

@ Julian and Viktor: glad to have you at SRO
    @ Brian: another epic fight over 40 min with you, i enjoyed every single lap, cheers mate.
    @ Ken: thank you for having no battle with me this round :)
    @ Christian: you did very well again, this is the right place for you-welcome mate!

Cu all at round 5.
    PS: please stay tuned, our PC2 community is very stable now, Ken and me are working on a follower series for
    January and this car will be pure pleasure for you!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

This race was a bit of a mess for me, I managed to find the right pace in practice in qualifying trim, and started experimenting with some setup changes to get a feel of how the car would react in the race when the tyres start wearing out.
    I usually have 2 almost identical setups for a weekend (monday in this case), one for the qualifying and one for the race with more fuel and optionally a bit of aero change. In the practice session I put the hard tyres on the race setup to test the car with low grip, but forgot to change it back before the race start. After about 10 eventful laps of becoming less and less confident in the car and finally spinning a few times I decided to just pit for softs and try to work my way back up. But even on the newer tyres I was struggling, being a good 2 seconds off my quali pace.
    A bit of a disappointment after the last race, but there's only up from here (I hope :D)

As always, congrats to everyone who made it to the end, and thanks to Ken for making this possible.
    And good to see new people joining and having fun.

See you all in Mugello!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Congrats to Gerhard and Brian on the podium, looked like a good fight you had, great driving, I managed to watch a bit of the replay this morning.
    I fell your pain Viktor, I basically do the same with my setups but it is easy to change one and forget to change it back, I always check the settings when on the start line before clicking ready.
    You had good pace for that race with your correct setup so a real shame, I'm looking forward to a fight at Mugello.
    I'm looking forward to the car Gerhard and Ken pick for the next races and track choice so thanks guys.
    Well done Christian on your second race with Pcars hope you enjoy and stay, Its a great racing community.

Thanks to all and see you at the next race.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

What a troubled race for me.
    After last race were I kill my tires in the first half, this time I get the setup that Ken uploaded in the last time we race M1s, and its a far better base setup to deal wit it, thanks Ken ;).

Nevertheless I didn't find pace during the practice, my old G25 FFB continues with problems and I need to shut it down and I'm try do adapt to it, the wheel is to loose and its difficult to keep clean lines and predict the car feedback, but at least don't fail on me during the races.
    Surprising lap on Qualy more than 1 sec down on my best so far, P6, nice start avoiding cars sliding in front find myself at P4 trying to keep up on the cars ahead, got a punch on the last two lefts and lost a couple of places, lost concentration with phone ringing a couples laps after and run wide in the same corners, more couple of places lost, and then I need to pull out because I need to get my kids from school, the bus didn't show up :mad:.

See you guys on Mugello.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver

Qualified in 5th with a decent start, a few bumps and nudges in the first two corners but managed to stay in 5th. I managed to get upto third then I was stuck behind Gerhard for the rest of the race ( Nice and steady Gerhard :) ) Happy with third as I really didnt want to take myself and Gerhard out with a risky move. Congrats to Julian on the win ( Too fast :eek:)
    See you all at the next race.

• Like Like x 3