rFactor 2 Round 4 Istanbul Park

Discussion in 'Studio 397 LMP2 & GT3 Endurance Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 3, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

No shows

I don't know why there were 9 no shows for this event and normally I would have removed those members as a no show, but seeing as it wasn't done before because I was not active in this series until now, I will let it slide this time.

Everybody was expecting 29 members on the server because they were on the list. And then it turned out to be a ghost list. Furthermore, we had LMP2
    "red lights" on the list that were not able to race because some members didn't bother to unregister. We can't have that.

So from the next event on the "No show" rule will be in full effect again.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Roberto Balli

Roberto Balli Pro Driver Donator

Thank you John :)
    Congrats to Andrew on the first win :)

PS:
    I could not upload the replay : "file too large"
    what I had to do ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Replay Uploaded - Find it in championships on the event page Desktop Screenshot 2019.07.15 - 11.12.00.74.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Roberto Balli

Roberto Balli Pro Driver Donator

:oops:

Thanks Rob :)

5. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Hi John.
    sorry, i forgot to tell you, my Team Mate Tiaan Swart coundnt make it,

6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Thx for replay. Had weirdest accident on longest straight.

This series dont like me :)

7. John vd Geest

Understand, but it's better if he unregisters if he can't make it :). That can be done on a phone.

8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

lol, for sure. After you made your final stop I just switched the HUD to time remaining. I knew you would be charging like crazy and I didn't want to see any sort of a gap decreasing rapidly! :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. John vd Geest

Well, you fully deserve the win. It was an outstanding drive on your part saving fuel and all and still putting the laptimes in. :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

What a race! 4 guys fighting for the lead almost all race long in close racing. My setup was good, the car felt okay, strategy was great. That was probably the most enjoyable race I ever had since I started simracing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Unfortunately I made a slight mistake in my pit stop, releasing the limiter a tad too early, and BANG! Drive-Through!
    At that moment I was 14 seconds ahead of Andrew. I finish 7 seconds behind. Do the maths. Chiotte, chotte and chiotte again!

Congrats to Andrew for a faultless race and a well deserved win, and John always faster with a different strategy, I couldn't follow you after your second stop, you were flying away. And thank you to all GTs, it was certainly not easy for you guys with 4 furious passing you in a hurry, left or right, all in a row. Kudos to you.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

RESPECT!!!!!!
    thank you man

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Going for overtake of lapmarker and see Proto2 going for pass from me. I decide to let proto take optimal and go for inside myself.
    Then lapmarker goes over the kerb to the left and spins his car cross the track, hits barrier and bounces back.
    I wish i had let the proto take inside, maybe we could have had a crash with 3 cars!!!

13. John vd Geest

That was me in the LPM2. I saw what happened in my mirror and was like ... WTF !?

14. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Yes!!
    i saw that guy.
    he was super struggling.
    took himself out often. i started behind him. saw how eratic he was and followed an lmp past him.
    last place was not safe.