Assetto Corsa Round 4 Jarez

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

thanks admins, you guys are THE BEST.

have my pedals in pieces today, should be ready in time.
    see you all later..

• Like Like x 3
  2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Thanks. In the end it all worked out at the race. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. And I don't think anyone disliked the mandatory pitstop. I was going to do one anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Right, race report.

The buildup to the race was a bit weird this time. Due to a slight miscommunication between Rob and myself the wrong version of the track was uploaded to the server. The version used (Jerez 94) only has 14 pitboxes and had a bug which led to a lap not being counted when pitting. Since most of the fellas taking part in the race had already been practising this track we decided to have a mandatory pitstop for this one. This was the easiest and best solution to the problem.
    On issue however. I had been practising Jerez GP, not Jerez 94. But the layouts aren't that different, so I figured it would be fine.

So on to qualifying;
    During the free practise it became clear I had the pace to try and go for pole. On my first flying lap I made a mistake. This was not looking good because Hakan was doing some fast laps. So I gathered my composure, got my head down and on the last lap I was able to do a 1.55.892. It could have been 0.5 seconds faster, but again I made a slight error. Hakan did a 1.55.985 on his last lap. That was close... Pole Roy, 2nd Hakan, 3rd Rob

The race;
    The start was uneventfull with everyone getting a good and clean start. Since I had pole I had the inside line into the first corner. Got through that ok and got clear of Hakan. Because there was no need to save fuel so I decided to go for it for a few laps. That gave me a lead of about 4 or 5 seconds on Hakan. But I have to say he was doing some good laps too, so there was no rest for me. At about midrace I started losing speed. Not sure why, but it might be down to me asking to much of the tyres. 25 minutes into the race I decided to pit for tyres and a bit of extra fuel. This gave Hakan the lead of the race. I had calculated I would be 3rd or 4th when exiting the pit. It happened to be 3rd. So the chase was on to catch Rob who was 2nd at that time. Since he hadn't pitted yet I was on fresher tyres making it possible for me to close the gap on him. While following him he went a bit wide slowing him down. That gave me the opportunity to get alongside him on a part of the track where overtaking is not evident. He clearly didn't want to give up the position (understandably) so we were side by side for 3 corners. All good and clean because we gave eachtother enough racing room. I got past and wanted to put in some fast laps just to make sure I would still be in front of Hakan when he pitted. Then at about 5 minutes from the end I had a freak spin. The car suddenly snapped out of control. No idea how or why that happened, but I lost about 11 seconds. That got Rob back in the lead. Fortunatly he pitted that same lap giving me back the lead. I was unsure of the lead I had on Hakan i went for a few fast laps. That gave me the fasted race lap of 1.55.174. That's 0.7 seconds faster than the pole time....
    Rob had a very bad last lap letting Karl grab 3rd.
    Result, 1st Roy, 2nd Hakan, 3rd Karl.

A well done to all taking part in the race. As far as I can tell there were no race incidents other than solo crashes.
    Thanks and on to the next one!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Thanks Roy!
    Very nice race report there.

Have to agree, guys raced well, clean and fast,
    I think we all made solo mistakes, but that racing.

My report is no where near as good or exciting as Roy's.

Race Report:
    Really enjoyed this layout in previous sims, but also understood how tricky it can be.
    so grabbed my "High quality H2O" and done some practice.
    Found the rear of my car to hop a lot on this track, so spent some time easing that a bit.
    i was happy. 1:59's ..... was.. until....
    practice before qualifying and got the shock of seeing 1:56' lap times.

Ok, so focused harder but couldn't get close.
    started race last.

Cautious of first corner incident.
    I started easy and slotted inline.
    Then the mistakes started happening,
    watched Sal and Larry run wide and spin.
    had to try really hard to not do the same.
    I did, but not as bad, i got it wrong in the chicane.
    felt like i jumped 2 stories high, got it together and focused on.

After pitting came out in 5th place.
    Again i watched Larry get it wrong and ran past him.
    Chased down Rob when on the last lap.
    At my Chicane, Rob too got it wrong and spun off enough to just squeeze past him.
    I had to defend the last 2 corners.

Not sure why i didnt have the outright pace.
    but still had good clean fun!!

Thank you all that Joined

Karl

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

That was a fun race ..

I had a perfect race ..until the last lap ..lol
    Roy i really like this track ;-) is the other GP version bug free? does it allow any more drivers than 14 ?

perhaps we implement a mid season rule to have mandatory pit stops ? However I do also like the strategy of trying to make it on a no stopper or at least having that choice...:)

6. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

lovely track hey!!
    enjoyed it aswel.
    thank you for sticking to it

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

The New GP version is bug free and has 34 pitboxes :cool:
    I wouldn't do mandatory pitstops if there is no need to. Its like you say, it gives you an extra option to go for a no stopper. In fact, I was looking at your race laptimes and noticed you could have done the race without a pitstop. You had 20+% fuel in the tank

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

Thanks for reminding me ! lol also my tires were just broken in with like 6% ware when i pitted with 6 min left .....! lol
    ..did you check lap percentages ? I think it was John Lock who had the best 99.22% some nice consistant driving there

9. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

where can you see that data?
    i had no idea if i needed to pit for 2l or 12l

10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Not sure where you find that lap percentage

11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

There are app you can find on Racedepartement. But I tend to use the Assetto Corsa in game one. It doesn't give the most info, but its accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

You had the consistency which is more important than outright speed. A third place well earned.
    As for myself, as you saw Karl, I made two big mistakes which put me at the back for the finish.
    Congratulations (yet again!) to Roy who not only has consistency but also the speed :eek:
    And of course congratulations to Hakan for his second place.

On the downside only 11 or so of the 17 registered drivers showed up.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rob Milliken

Here you go ! I would have been in the 99's & 3rd place if not for the only spin I had hitting the curb on last sector of last lap ..lol letting Karl slide by and watching my podium go away with him ! ..heh percentage 1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

thnx one more time guys. hoped to make pressure on roy at race but again to much excited ( or to old ) i was and on second lap i think my first mistake came that gives roy a space. After the space and my mistakes i stop to go full throttle not to risk any spin out or some more bad situations to keep my position..nice truck, just less players , but fairy and nice ones. my second big mistakes came at pitting, went to the green at pit entry bec. of my speed and my fuel panic ! :) ( even i installed fuel app but dont trust ) took 15 liters bec. to be afraid of standing without fuel and that coast me a lot time....congrt to all one more time . have a nice days..

• Like Like x 3
  15. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

I think despite the mistake, we all drove well and had alot of fun.
    the others are missing out big time.

Keep at it Larry and Salvo, it takes some practice

• Like Like x 3
  16. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

To be honest guys, I think my "speed and consistency" is down to me using only one sim these days, Assetto Corsa. On top of that I really really really like this mod :D It sort off suits my driving style perfectly. I was a bit worried for this race because I didn't have the tracktime for this track.

My only real advise for you guys is practise, practise, and then practise some more. There is no substitute for tracktime. And try changing your setups. Sometimes even the smallest change can gain you 0.5 seconds a lap.

And don't give up. I can be beaten. It has been proven more than once :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

Jarez GP has replaced the Jarez94 in the SRO AC download section ! Make sure you add this track to your AC install .. (you can remove the older 94 one as its bugged)

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Agreed Roy.
    gotta keep at it and put in the laps, even if you slow.
    when i joined SRO i was at the back, now im always harassing Rob.
    and next season plan to be harassing Roy and Hakan (sorry guys :) )

plus this car is awesome.
    if i was racing in real live, id aim on getting into this series.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

You are very welcome to "harass" me. :cool:
    And if I was racing in real life, you'd be racing me in the same series :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

you going to regret saying that!!
    ask Rob :)

• Winner Winner x 1