rFactor 2 Round 4 Korea International Circuit - Sun May 16, 2021

Discussion in 'Super GT500 & S397 GT3 Asian Region Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

supergt banner.jpg

Welcome to Round 4 Korea International Circuit

The Korea International Circuit is a 5.62 km (3.49 mi) motorsport circuit located in Yeongam, South Jeolla Province, South Korea, 400 kilometres south of Seoul and near the port city of Mokpo. It was the venue for the Korean Grand Prix from 2010 to 2013 after a $264 million (250 billion won) deal between Bernie Ecclestone and the Korean F1 promoter Korea Auto Valley Operation (KAVO – a joint venture between M-Bridge Holdings and Jeollanam-do regional government).

By 2015, having only hosted four Grand Prix events and relegated to hosting modestly attended local races, the facility has been criticized as a debacle.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

3. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Why is the server set up with the Grand Prix circuit? League header sayes International. Which is it going to be?

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Because the mod developers named the track "Korea International Circuit" and it contains two layouts, the GP and the National.

5. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

... so it's the "Korea Grand Prix Circuit" then, just to be clear.

6. John vd Geest

Hi Darrel, Ken already explained it. It's the GP version that's on the server.

7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

To be pedantic, no its the Korean International Circuit using the GP layout. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Simon Kingsbury

Simon Kingsbury Pro Driver Donator

FFS, gutted!! Double downshift and engine goes kaboom!!

9. Phil Pitzer

Phil Pitzer Pro Driver

Thomas Holzl I'm sorry for spinning you. The brakes on my car were working quite well and I didn't anticipate you're breaking point correctly.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  10. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

What a crap track that was. I spun on the big lefthander & got 4 drive thru's, plus I spun, little baby jesus help!

11. Thomas Hölzl

Thomas Hölzl Pro Driver

Hi Phil, It´s OK! Without this spin i could finish second - but shit happens!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  12. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I enjoyed this track. A bit technical and required more practice than I had time for. My cold tires hurt me at the start. Could not find the grip and lost several places in the first lap. Then about 15 minutes into the race I lost connection. UGH! Fortunately I was able to rejoin but was running last and down laps. Glad I hung in there and managed to get a few more championship points due to attrition. Had some fun towards the end harassing drivers that were laps up on me. I was on new soft tires and was just having some fun and hope you enjoyed the challenge of keeping me back :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Well, i HATE THIS F'ing TRACK!

Still, had a great time trying to get by Maikel early on, but it didn't end well. Typical sim-moment from my perspective, I thought i had the pass, but he couldn't see me and i couldn't see him until he turned in, but big apologies if he doesn't see it that way. I took a drive-thru after repairs, but it seems it ended his race and it discolored the rest of the race for me.

This has been a frustratingly fun series for me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

Great racing guys had fun for a return to racing, apart from a punt on first laps that put me back to dead last it was all good had some great battles working my way toward the mid pack need to work on the pit window game a bit more as this also cost me was chasing phil down towards end but run out of time, had fun at the back tho, shame to see so mant dnfs though within the first 15 mins

• Like Like x 2
  15. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator