rFactor 2 Round 4 Mid-Ohio

Discussion in 'CART 1990 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good times guys.

Was hopping someone would take podium in a way as it is a bit of stress being up there. Nothing to gain and all to loose. Toni got by. Either he was sandbagging in practice and this was his true pace or he was going for a one stopper. I had to stay close so he wouldn't gain back toward end of the race. He was about 11 seconds ahead when he pitted. I was in the clear as long as I didn't screw things up.

You guys are putting my rig to good use. Time to put the shower to good use.
    On to the next.

Cheers,

Johnny

• Like Like x 2
  2. Johnny Gutierrez

Just realized. We start at the last corner, not the start/finish line. D"OH! Gotten so use the start/finish line starts. o_O:eek::oops:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

The start was weird, at least from perspective of the midfield. The constantina effect caught some guys out in the back field respectively caused at least one collision.
    This whole chaos raises one question to me, if the guys in front does not accelerate, are we allowed to pass before the "start"-finish line?

I got passed before that point, which was a sensible thing to do, otherwise the mess would have been even bigger.

Anyway, to may race, I tried to make the none stop work with the primary tire. To do that you need to save the front tires a bit, especially in the two hard braking zones. It worked, even though in the last ten minutes my tires were squares. So a one stop is probably not that much slower and more comfortable to drive. Still it was fun, although beeing off strategy to others, leads to faster (lapped) cars being stuck behind. Not the most comfortable situation for both sides :eek:

For avid Indy Car viewers it is also the question where the start line actually is, because they use the middle of the back straight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Johnny Gutierrez

I stand corrected. No.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
  5. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

...next time ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Oussama Knani

Oussama Knani Pro Driver

@Toni Talvitie sorry i bumped you in T2 while trying to let you by, i locked up it was just a small bump so hopefully no harm done :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

I think race starts when leader launch in final corner.
    also passing is not allowed before line unless driver like spins it or something like that.
    So if leader wont launch, have to wait for the line to pass.
    If i remember right that is. There was talks about it and this is what one of our admins told.
    We could read the rules but that would be boring :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

That's a bug I think.. fuel but says tires(?)

9. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Start procedures may need clarification. I've always interpreted #1.4 procedure as the race starts at the last corner (old R2P habits die hard). But it reads: "The top qualifier may accelerate at the final turn to officially start the race."

Obviously this can cause confusion. "May" the top qualifier arbitrarily decide when the race starts anytime after the last corner? Start/Finish line, or perhaps the "Start" line rather than the "Finish" line (Tilke loves to put them 200m apart)? Or perhaps (drawing it to the absurd extreme) lap 25, 35, turning a 60 minute race into a 300m sprint with a single-file start? Probably should just read "the race starts at the last corner". :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Yeah, that was fuel Toni. You can't adjust the amount to be taken via the pit menu, only in the garage. I set my "pit stop" to "1" with "0" fuel. Typically, if you set no pit stop in the garage it tries to add whatever fuel you started with. Tires, if i remember right were 6 seconds and the total lost time was like 27s.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lorne Martin

Lorne Martin Pro Driver

I was caught out because of lack of acceleration after the last corner by those in front of me and was then rear-ended which took me out. From what has been said by admin the race starts after the last corner and not the start finish line. Some clarification on this by admin would be appropriate...

12. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The race starts at the final corner, whether the polesitter goes or not. Passing before the line is allowed in this situation.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

@Toni Talvitie I totally agree! It took 41 secs to change my tyres. I had no damage and I lost places that I could not make up in any way. Tried so hard that I had a couple spins in the last 1/4 of the race. Well worth trying no stops if the track permits it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I just tried with no fuel and Barrett is correct. Tyres were only 7 sec.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

16. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver

Good race guys, @Kostas Kantzouras I think I jumped you on the formation lap I was to focused on keeping close to the guy in front before I realized. Another learning race for me, had the brainwave idea of just changing my front tyres in the pitstop, turns out I couldn't get the fronts up to temperature after that and kept losing the rear I finally gave up after the 4th spin. Had some decent pace at times just struggling with a good race strategy.