Round 4 Monza 1966 - Sun May 24, 2020

Discussion in 'F1 McLaren M23 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 25, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to Round 4 Monza 1966

[​IMG]

The Autodromo Nazionale di Monza is a historic race track near the city of Monza, north of Milan, in Italy. Built in 1922, it is the world's third purpose-built motor racing circuit after those of Brooklands and Indianapolis. The circuit's biggest event is the Formula One Italian Grand Prix. Except 1980, the race has been hosted there since the series's inception.

Built in the Royal Villa of Monza park in a woodland setting,[6] the site has three tracks – the 5.793-kilometre (3.600 mi) Grand Prix track,[2] the 2.405-kilometre (1.494 mi) Junior track, and a 4.250-kilometre (2.641 mi) high speed oval track with steep bankings which has been unused for many decades and is now decaying. The major features of the main Grand Prix track include the Curva Grande, the Curva di Lesmo, the Variante Ascari and the Curva Parabolica. The high speed curve, Curva Grande, is located after the Variante del Rettifilo which is located at the end of the front straight or Rettifilo Tribune, and is usually taken flat out by Formula One cars.

3 race lap demo

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up.

3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

At work this sunday. Have a good one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

servers are still on the 1117 build

5. John vd Geest

All fixed :)

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry not feeling up to racing today :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Hi
    I cannot race tonight either . Very sorry , PMd you John
    Cyas soon

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

My car was slightly slower on the straights but still enjoyed the race.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Look at this crazy moment! I'm actually really happy to have recovered to 3rd from this, especially since I lost the slipstream because of it. Thanks for slowing down after your mistake @Anatoliy Tkachenko , and thanks for braking to avoid having a bigger accident with me @Mariusz Lebioda !

10. John vd Geest

Shame about the mistake, but good sportsmanship. And good catch !!

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

I'm always spying on the fast guys during the hour before the race because I don't practise that much anymore. I get a lot of free tips from that haha.
    Sooooo .... can't remember who it was, but he took a line through Curva Grande taking a late line in and late apex which allowed him to take the corner flat. So I was like ... lesson learned and my lap time improved by 0,500 sec.

Lucky for me I picked that half a second up, so I was able to check the lap times of Caitlin without going faster and risking a crash. Dino was too fast for me to, so I was only working for second place.

Grats to Dino for the win. He is so fast LOL.

See you all next time.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I won the qualifications without the help of a wind tunnel, which I can be really happy about
    The start of the race is also good, safely during the first laps. Unfortunately, the incident happened on the 7th lap, I fell to the last position, but I did not give up, repaired the car, refueled to the full and moved by the tanker to the finish. The car was steerable but drove 10 km / h slower.

PS. I don't have three monitors, goggles, or additional support programs, I misjudged your position on the track, sorry Otto.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Anatoliy Tkachenko

Anatoliy Tkachenko Pro Driver

I'm really sorry, @Caitlin Penny. I'm more or less fine with this car when I'm alone on track, but don't feel it when other car is around. Bad thing is that I cannot practice with AIs as they are too slow even at 120% (on this track at least).

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Load a big grid of 30 cars and start last. Do 4 laps. That is a great trainer for passing cars safely and at the right time. Practise until you can pass all cars cleanly. :)

• Like Like x 1