rFactor 2 Round 4 Mores

Discussion in 'ACD Fiat 500 Metalmoro Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 1, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

sorry guys, I cannot race tomorrow. I don't have my racing PC available :( See you at Lime Rock in 2 weeks. Enjoy the race!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

cu at the rock Patrik

4. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

Can not be there tonight guys, i am sorry. Fun track.
    Have fun there.

5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Fun little track :)

Had only one offline session doing a base setup before the race, and was late on the server as well so suspected I could be off pace a bit.

After first qualy I decided to besides normal adjustments also change to wing 3 as the track had only one short straight.
    During warmup I tried it and it seems to work fine so I kept the changes.

Nice racing behind Klaus for several laps, but not so easy to pass even if my pace was a bit better. Not even on the outside of T1 :D

Did pass after a while and Paul at 3rd who had made a mistake was close. Noted I had better pace here as well, tried the outside and side by side but did not manage to take the position. Finally had a little bit of to much throttle out of T1 and spun, lost all positions.

On track I could take back the position from Ed, but then the race was to short. Great race :)

During qualy I loaded my previous setup, that did not have the changes so was P6 in the end as Ed skipped qualifying.

Did noticed that during warmup and made the changes again before start of the race 2.

After the first laps where some mistakes was done (by other this time) I was again on Klaus tail. After a good exit out on
    the straight and what might be considered a dive bomb in T1, I manage to pass, but I think it was rather clean.

Again with a bit of help of others I was on the hunt for Gerahald and P1. Gained around 0.5s or more each lap and as I got closer I noted he probably had overheated the front tyres a bit. Did overtake on T1 again and went side by side thru the chicane but had better exit. Once passed I could build some gap as well.

Great fun and a bit surprised my quick setup changes seems to worked so had a bit of luck with that as well. :)

Stats for the anyone interested:
    https://simresults.net/190507-T2p

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gerhard Hofmann

Race 1: very hard fight with Phil, managed to take the win after 25 min torture.
    Race 2: took the lead again, and i could Not beleive my luck: Paul and Phil kissed again. Now i was 10 seconds ahead of Jens and thought to have an easy win. But....this guy was flying, he must be an illegal son of Ronnie Peterson. Well done all, please dont fortget to register for the USF 2000 here: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/124

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I think his name is Gerharald :p

Good racing, I think it was the first time in this series, that I was competitive.
    I was surprised by startposition (P3) and it got even better because afterwards I passed Gerhard and then Paul, which brought me into the lead. Then I saw in my mirror that Gerhard and Paul had a disagreement who enters the turn first. Pual spun out, Gerhard ctached up and passed me. I barely was able to follow and it seemed I could pressure him until the last lap. Maybe with one more I could have won the race.

Second race started in the same way, but this time I followed Gerhard and Paul me. Paul was maybe a bit faster and touched me twice which send me into a spin. I was in a unsafe position and my rejoin was probably a bit dangerous for Jens (sorry). After Paul took his penalty I remained in third, just in front of Klaus and stayed there, until Ken overtook me in the closing stages, because my tyres faded away.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Close enough :p But sorry for the slaughter of anyone's names :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Jens we publish the results after each race so there is no need for any additional links. ;(

10. Ken Jagger

Race strategy dear boy, race strategy..... :D Plus a few changes I made/adapted between races. :)

11. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Alright, I'll like to analyze the statistics and strategy of other drivers after the race, not the same as result but i'll keep them for my self, it easy to do for yourself if you into that ;)

12. Ken Jagger

Have you never tried clicking on the Report link?

Race Results Report.jpg

13. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Likely he did but that doesn´t create such fancy graphs ;) If he creates them anyway it´s probably worth to share them, I always take a look on all the available results. ;)
    While we are at it

I changed nothing, that spin cost me arround 10 seconds. But still the overal race time would be four seconds slower. Not entirely sure why, Gerhard was full nine seconds slower from race 1 to the second. Maybe the effect of our driving or the track condition?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gerhard Hofmann

No. It was my responsability . when i was 10 seconds ahead, i was too optimistic and slowed down. When i realized that Jens rocket is closing the gap, it was too late. Missing the breaking point also costed me 2 sec. Thats it. I am closer to the grave than to the cradle, so this is the explanation for my minor concentration sometimes.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Sorry about not un-registering from yesterdays race. I was working with a friend who need 4 hands.