rFactor 2 Round 4 Norisring - Sun Oct 24, 2021

Discussion in 'DTM 1991 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Hey John, I think the Maxico GP will also overlap the next race in two weeks.

2. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

If this happens, is it random or will you share during practice/qualy as well, or only in the race?

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

4. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Toni on the win and Jens for the fast driving. Everyone did well as well.

I had fun racing. Watched Jens and Gert-Jan duking it out at the beginning so I just laid low and hoped they would stop fighting, do team work and catch the escaping Toni lol. That went out the window. I didn't want to get involved in their battle as it was good to watch as well haha. I also wanted them to wear out their tires so it would make it easier for me to pass the guy catching his breath after they battled. Mark was on my rear as well so I actually I had to watch my back and enjoy the race in front of me hoping Mark wouldn't get tired of me just hanging back. Once Jens broke loose, it was time for me to get around Gert-Jans as I didn't want Jens to get to far. During our fun battle, Gert-Jan and I went around the S curve side by side which I found very fun. He came out ahead. Second time around, decide to replicate the same side by side action. If we did it the first time, why not a second time. Wrong. Two went in, one came out. I thought I gave enough room. I felt a tug but not much else and watch Gert-Jan getting sideways in my rear view mirror. A hundred thoughts came into my head on what had just happened and I was disappointed we still weren't side by side. I though I gave enough room, he thought he gave enough room. I don't know. I think our cars just entered at different angles instead of side by side which made the whole thing just go up in flames. Anyways, started catching Toni and Jens but as the race went on, it just became harder and harder to take out seconds between us. By the end of the race, I was waisted lol. Who knew a track as straight as this would be so fatiguing.

I had fun and I hope all did as well.

On to more fun.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Ahhh maan, LOL Never going to live this one down. I remember like it was yesterday. Might have to take Barrett out to In-&-Out when I pass through south Cal so I can feel better about myself. :)

I remember trying to get out of the pit area and smacking into the car in front of me and saying, "Well, that car isn't invisible". OOOh crap.

6. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

7. …..same for me