rFactor 2 Round 4 Norisring

Discussion in 'DTM 2019 Preview Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Build 1112 released today, do we use that or will 1111 remain on the server?

Also can we use the entire track to the walls? Just asking because DTM usually does that at Norisring and it goes beyond the white-lines sometimes.

3. Ken Jagger

We will be using the latest rF2 build 1112.
    Norisring is a bit of an exception regarding track limits, where the barriers/walls pretty much define the acceptable limits, so unless we see something really unusual regarding the exploitation of "normal" track limits, then I doubt we we will get any protests :)

4. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Hmm its doing it again this week, when i try to go online and click RACE, it says 'downloading mod' 'SRO DTM R4.rfmod' but it doenst seem to get past 1/2 on the progress bar...
    I would have tried last night but the server wasnt up.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  5. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I had that problem last race. Solved it by going into Packages and deleting the SRO DTM R3 mod. I was then able to join the server.

6. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

thats what i did last week but its not working:confused:

7. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

sorry for missing the start and causing the crash, my fault.

8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Fantastic race with the top 3 until the final lap where I screwed up big time
    So sorry Sergey :(
    Liveracer results show Sergey won.... If that is the case and Dino waited for you to take the victory, that is great sportsmanship from Dino.

9. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

got in just in time..just to get lapped ! uggh

10. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

i wondered what happened. I was sitting end of pit road and suddenly two bonnets fly into the back of me and a car pulls around the pit wall in front of me. It took me about 20 seconds longer than normal to exit pit lane because of this incident. A shame, but things like this happen. As long as you gave yourself a penalty for it, and your apology is always in a kindhearted gesture. Just look forward to the next one. No bother getting hung up over past mistakes.

11. Sergey Nevedomsky

Sergey Nevedomsky Pro Driver

Good race. I destoyed my front right tire early and every brake heat it. I saved as soon as could. I so understood Andrew went for overtaking of the last hope, but it did not turn out. Only I did not understand what happened with Dino, really the engine problem? It was amusing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

My engine was the great sportsman there, not me^^ It blew up right after the incident and I rolled over the line in second. I guess I shifted down to hard on that last corner.
    To be fair, I would have not waited there because I didn't cause that one.

I think I screwed up with to much downforce somehow. Topspeed was not good and there is almost no draft-effect with these cars.

Well done for the mostly clean drive from all it seems :)

I'm not sure I can do the next one, but I'll try ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Andrew Williams

Ah, that's unlucky Dino, but I guess I get a 'get out of jail free' card for taking out the leader and him still winning :) (I did a D/T also for the crash)

14. Andrew Williams

If anybody has a replay, could they upload it. Thanks.

15. Ken Jagger

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Andrew Williams

IMG_20181202_204205_212.jpg

Top 4 after 63 laps of the 73 lap race.

• Like Like x 3