Round 4 Nurburgring 1967 - Thu Apr 30, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

It gets to 'loading car 23' and then sends me straight back to the menu

2. Caitlin Penny

Guys, there's not going to be a stream at this rate. I don't know what the problem is.

3. Caitlin Penny

Guys, it's the Porsche 911. Where do I get it from?

4. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi guys,
    Unfortunately there has been a connection issue and I've been disconnected from the server :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.
    This was the race I was looking for and I'm out! :(:(:(:(:(

Really sorry about that.
    Hope you have a good race.
    Enjoy!
    PS: I see @Caitlin Penny is also having problems with the stream... Double whammy!!!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  5. Caitlin Penny

Yeah. I've figured out the problem now and I'm going to have to sort it out for next race. Sorry guys. :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Also had a connection issue during the second lap... sad, this was the race of the championship I was looking for!

Was a lot of fun while it lasted Tim, you were pushing me real hard right before I disconnected. Laurent we were fighting it out during qual as well! Congrats to whomever won (Tim?), I'll come back when I find out.

I hope we will have more races here! :)

7. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

You needed to copy the *kn5 files from the Kunos Porsche model to the ACL porsche folder.. :(

8. Laurent Londes

I was very angry about that :mad: I would never race someone into a qualifying lap, I would keep distance so that both have the space they need.. That pushed me to a mistake. Had to pit from damage, another outlap and I made erros during my only qualifying lap which means I didn't set any for the race... my time was from out of pits, which is slower btw, I didn't race on the outlap eihter.

9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I won in the end, although it was after my pit crew scuttled me (took longer to repair some slight damage than change the tires which they didn't touch!), and then Laurent and I came together on the last lap - so has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be honest :(

Laurent - the TV cams and 3rd person show it fairly well. Like I said after the race - sorry, but I was already running on the edge :(
    If there's lag or what ever let me know and I can upload my versions.

Congrats to Paul and the other finishers - for the record; as there were quite a few disco's I'm happy to re-run this race after the end of the season (New 'Ring so we don't all spend an hour bouncing?). But I may get lynched for suggesting this!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Laurent Londes

I need to see it for myself but I believe what you are saying. Those corners are so fast and the car bounces and takes you to the outside, so I guess that is what happened. I should have held off because I was much quicker at that point, so I would have had other opportunities.. the fact you did not have a tire change explains it. Too bad but still happy for P2 finish.

11. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry, but I couldn't leave so short before qual.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Np, that's live :)

13. John vd Geest

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  14. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Very sorry for that then, I will keep distance in the future. Tim was right behind me so I didn't want to get too close to him by slowing down either; I should have let him pass maybe. In any case I received my punishment.

• Like Like x 1
  15. John vd Geest

What puzzles me is how Caitlin could connect to the server in the 2 previous races if she hadn't done that file swop.
    Caitlin: how to ... is in the .pdf file that comes with the mod.

16. John vd Geest

On this topic ... Round 7 is the Sudstrecke from this same track. If people are having connectionproblems with this track combo, I'm happy to replace it with another Sudstrecke version of this track. That has been tested before in the F1 1967 series and has no problems.
    Would you all like me to do that?

17. Laurent Londes

Actually I had the same issue when I wanted to join the server yesterday evening while I had been practicing on the server the days before. The Porsche was added yesterday afternoon wasn't it? It was the first time I saw it on the server.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The porsche wasn't loaded in previous rounds I think. I'd have to check the load for the Donny replay to confirm though.

19. Laurent Londes

It wasn't. I did not install the Porsche correctly either.

20. John vd Geest

The file swop was already done in the mod download. Maybe they got the mod from somewhere else?