Round 4 Nurburgring 1967 - Thu Apr 30, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

well that race went better than expected. As mentioned earlier, the ffb was atrocious for the CSL here (I guess the mod creator only tested it on flat smooth surfaces!) I had to dial my ffb right down to a silly level to make it driveable and even then there were 3 or 4 places per lap where I had to get right out of the throttle to stop the wheel force hurling me off track. So everytime I got a 4 second lead over John, it would drop down to 1sec throughout the lap.
    Really enjoyed the first half of the race with Lorenzo just ahead and John chasing me, there were 3 or 4 of us together for a long time until one guy ended up high in the scenery! Eventually Lorenzo cracked under pressure at the final chicane and gu
    ess John got caught up in it too? as I suddenly had a lap to myself in 6th? until I pitted a lap later. I had a lonely run to the flag after that for the final few laps and finished a fine 4th place :)
    The grid of cars looked awesome heading into lap 1 on this fabled track:cool: Well done to the podium, amazing pace for 1st and 2nd guys, and well done all finishers. I managed to avoid the scenery the whole race thankfully.

2. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Had a cautious start as usual but was distracted by an incident and lost concentration dropping the 911 off track a couple of times on lap 1, thankfully without damage and not too much time lost. After that a lonely chase but I managed to get into a rhythm and keep it consistent, climbing up the order as some made mistakes and others made their pit stops.

Had some excitement for the last lap as I passed John who was digging himself out of the last chicane and then gave chase behind me. By this time my tyres were really starting to hurt......I had to turn the ffb up a few notches in order to feel any grip at all. I think the sight of my wayward Porsche eventually scared John off track and I was able to finish with a comfortable gap. Congrats to pody and well done all finishers...that was a tough one!

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Correct, I choose the left side to get around him while his car was still moving from the spin, but the gap between his car and the rail was too small and I was pinned :p

4. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

I was quite confident in view of the race since I had found a good set-up, but already during the qualifying session I went off the road ruining my lap and I knew I had to start rather back on the grid. Suddenly in the race I found myself fifth, chased by Mark and John, but crashed at the final chicane and i guess John couldn't avoid me (sorry about it).
    After my pit stop i found a good pace but then the disaster: went off and found myself in a moat surrounded by hedges and shrubs, I will have lost at least 30 seconds to get out of it, damn it!
    Finished 8th , as always i have put too much fuel in the car, since i'm new to this sim, any advice about an app to calculate the right amount of fuel?
    Grats to podium and to all finishers!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Look through the Donnington race post and Try out Laurent's fuel calculator.
    Otherwise look for the cut down version of ACRL which is what I've been using for years!

• Like Like x 2
  6. John vd Geest

Yeah, I saw you were driving up a slope on the left and thought I would quickly pass you on the right, but ... you also came down again and I had to avoid to quickly and ran off the road LOL !! Good effort taking 6th place Tudor.

7. John vd Geest

Sim Racing Online has developed a fuel calculator that is accessible on each event page of every sim:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/fuel-calculator-installed.3917/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

where do I find the current series championship standings? Seem to be only able to find this sites overall rankings etc.

edit . forget that, found it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

At least that means it wasn't exactly my fault that I couldn't connect. It's just unfortunate.

10. John vd Geest

Hi Caitlin,
    Did you download the mod from the download section or somewhere else?

11. Caitlin Penny

I tried downloading it from multiple different places. The problem was that it took me a while to realise I needed the Porsche, since that information was buried deep in a forum. In the future, please can you put all the mods and DLCs that are required in the download section?

12. John vd Geest

It's right there under the "Cars and track" tab on the event page that links to the download section where it also is:

Car Download: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/ac-legends-gt-classics.618/

13. David Kelsall

David Kelsall Pro Driver

Held 5th place for the first lap and a half and pushed hard by Lorenzo. Then a rear wheel on the grass spun me around and after hitting the banking left me with three wheels.
    A long time in the pits, but decided to carry on to an 11th.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  14. Caitlin Penny

15. John vd Geest

I've unpacked the mod from downloads to show you. That also holds the needed file in the Porsche 911 RSR:

upload_2020-5-1_20-52-16.png

16. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

A real shame that all those discoes... :(
    Very bad race here, slow and eventually I even did a stupid big fault into the rail before the last chicane, a fault I had never done before.

Congrats and thx to all

• Like Like x 1
  17. Caitlin Penny

Weird. There must be a different problem then.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

You need to copy file overy from another mod. Kn files or something. Its in the manual that comes with the mod.

19. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

20. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1