Assetto Corsa Comp Round 4 Oulton park

Discussion in 'ACC 2022 GT3 Series 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  2. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Usual practise password isnt working...

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The "usual" pwd was changed last week. Have you checked the race page for the new pwd?

4. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Having trouble with the chicane after the hairpin in the Mclaren. Just doesn't want to ride the curbs. The fast turn before the hairpin is good in the McLaren, better than any of the other cars I've ever driven there, but in general struggling to get the right timings on turn in in the McLaren here for some reason.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Guys, I'm thinking of doing a live broadcast for this round. What do you think? :) I'm just getting into broadcasting & this would be my first in ACC but I'm up for the challenge!
    If we can get everyone signed up to show up I will for sure do the broadcast!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Thanks for letting us know! Yes i did then check and got on.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Rob Milliken

Yes, it's that time again, find the new practice PWs posted on the event pages!

8. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Mclaren is the worst for curbs, its floor loves to smash on the ground. I think with the curbs and just bumpiness of the track in general this is probably the worst round of the season for this car...

9. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Oh yeah, the bumps. They are quite something in the McLaren. Never realised how bumpy it was until I jumped in the Mclaren. Only the Porsche Cup rivals it for feeling like your teeth are about to fall out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

Ok Guys & Gals be on your best, this race (and the remainder of the series) will be LIVE BROADCAST on the SRO YouTube Channel~!~

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

12. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Qualy was a disaster as usual about .4 .5 off of what I could have done.

In race tried to keep up with Max until my rear left started loosing pressure rapidly and I just had too much wheel spin so I box 10min early. After rounds of stops somehow I come out ahead of Max and see that he gets a stop and go so cruise mode from there.

Last few laps just snail pace to make sure I have enough fuel but still ended with 6L so could have just gunned it. Lots of mistakes too :/

See you all in May, I'll be away for the rest of March and April.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

Very surprised with my Q abilities. Only to ruin it just in the start XD
    It seems I wasn't in position and got a DT. I was decided to serve it ASAP, but I got a bad line out of the last turn, so a bad entry to pits, so crashed and overspeeded... :confused: 30secs S&G...
    From that point on, just drive, but I never got my head back 100% in the race after that
    With a few minutes to go I crashed. I could have pitted again and repaired it, but in reality that crash would have take me out, so anyway...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I quickly checked the stream, and nice job Rob! ;) too bad my livery didn't make it. It also happens to me in the rF2 stream where my skin doesn't work. But hopefully for next time!

Congrats to the finishers

• Like Like x 2
  14. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Holy moly... I joined just 10mins before quali and loaded one arbitrary setup I just did when I race the track once ( I mean really once, the last corner I did not even get right after 60min race still).
    So no practice at all, I do not know the corners properly, then I went in Q - well last place - I did not expected anything else.
    But from there I had time to warm up my tires properly throughout the formation lap, and indeed the first few corners and I went up to 7th or so.
    I had some really intense battles today with @Simon Gymer and @David Plummer, fighting back positions was awesome today - the porsche is a beast out of the low speed corners ;)
    And thanks for @Rob Milliken giving my porsche some TV time on YT - it was really fun watching it, hearing your enthusiasm and cheering for my green mamba when i was defending hard ;)
    cya next time!

• Like Like x 2
  15. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

Great race guys, went a lot better than i was expecting. Had some great battles too, @Christian Mentin unlucky on the off buddy i was really enjoying our battle until then. @Rob Milliken ty for streaming it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Very true, I just had problems getting that high speed corner right - throughout the whole race!
    Bad luck for me, but I could not catch up to you again after that ;) - your pace was just too consistent!

17. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

I was planning a move a little closer to the end of the race until the off. That corner seemed to catch out a few drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob Milliken

Do you have a custom,'custom' skin? made with imports outside the games paint shop? If so I think all clients need to dl & install it ..but I don't know how to do it as its not supported by kunos ...

19. Rob Milliken

Great race guys! You all kept me on my toes trying to keep up with the action ..Sory I missed a lot of it & totally missed Q as the stream just said "waiting" ? I re started it and it started working but that was after Q :rolleyes:.. Then i missed Taners dosco lap one as well as Albertos retirement along with a host of other events but it was my first ever ACC broadcast & I'm still learning the broadcast tools for ACC so I hope to improve as we go into the next rounds! But you guys provided some great action & I hope you enjoyed it! Next up Misano ! see you in 2 weeks!

20. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

great commentary Rob, you definately have the voice for it. well done sir

• Friendly Friendly x 1