Round 4 Rouen 1955

Discussion in 'The DNF Series – Mclaren M23 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

SRO rules don't make an exception between multiclass and single class where there clearly should be one as is in real racing.
    Like Bill stated: hopefully the staff will clarify this. It's confusing and it shouldn't be if normal racing rules are being followed.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

From my understanding there is one rule and an exception for blue flags:
    BLUE FLAG RULE: Keep off the way and let the faster car pass safely.
    This is not always easy if you're in a fight yourself, or in a place where it's difficult to give room (succession of turns...), or in straight lines with cars going at the same speed.
    TBH I add the issue several times during the race, lapping or lapped, because very often it's not easy to judge where/when/how you can give room and let pass the faster cars.
    EXCEPTION: In Multiclass, keep your line, ease the pass if possible but be predictable.
    This is for obvious reasons: if we apply the main rule in Multiclass, slower class cars would drive all their race looking in their mirrors and going off the racing line. Not enjoyable, and dangerous in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yeah, that was a close shave. I could hear you were behind me on the right, but I indeed thought I had cleared your front wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Thaat was a wierd tangle Philip. Sorry I did think I was clear.
    Anyway I had an ok race to a point until i touched the grass and was dragged in
    Still way off the pace in all of my racing and really dont have the answer. Its frustrating to be so slow and expect to be last or there abouts. Im not sure if im having issues or setting my g29 wheel up wrong..
    Enjoying the competition but I know that I have more speed I just need a few things to fall into place.
    Well done to the podium and all who finished. I must be winning the DNF trophy though:p

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  5. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

I'd say, looking at your replay, your rear end is too stiff (or maybe not enough rear wing). Soften your rear dampers/springs will help you be faster. Just a guess tough.

6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Ok, that is understandable, in the first moment I was really shocked and I had an idea what the commentators in the broadcast will say lol. Probably it wouldn´t happend if I had been more comitted to overtake you. Probably I thought too much and by doing so I was jinxed.

But in the end this incident did not change a lot for both of us, therefore it seems the best to forget it and move on. But one thing is remarkable, the frontwing of the McLaren M23 is really robutst. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys as far as the Blue flag rule goes I will see about adding A 'single class amendment' to the rules to define it a bit more however it does say its ok for slower car to move over 'if safe' … In any regard the slower cars should always be predictable & smart.. As a professional back marker:D I always look for the safest spot to give way to not cost the faster cars to much time & stress, I'm thinking about this as I see them closing via the position markers & then mirrors, it can be a hand full in theses cars if you try to pass in the wrong spot , some turns can only be made from the apex so to force a slower car off the line to make a pass in such a turn could cause a wreck .. So sometimes you just have to be patient .:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

You're just to lazy to do any substantial practise !!!

• Funny Funny x 2