rFactor 2 Round 4 Rouen les Essarts 55-70

Discussion in 'SRO Multiclass Group C & Flat 6 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 8, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2018.04.24 - 11.53.13.93Ak2.jpg

Rouen les Essarts is a classic track with a lot of history to it. Both F1 and GT's raced here in days of old. Blistering fast and dangerous, but very rewarding!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello, I do not see any server for the race on the 29th, when or where do they put it?

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server goes up 3 to 4 days before the race.

4. ok thanks

hello good, I have another doubt, tire wear is 100%? Which means that the wear will be at maximum? x10 wheel wear? and the output will be standing, formation / standing?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  5. 100% desgaste? neumaticos?

6. John vd Geest

Fuel and tirewear are 100%. No acceleration.
    The pole sitter does a formationlap and starts the race entering the last corner. So rolling start.

7. ok , ok thanks, tire and fuel , mode normal , ok .

8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race pwd has been set

10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

No practice but 1 lap before Q so went okish and managed to gain respectable pace during the race.
    Driving for the win at the end but had 5 seconds freeze.
    Then defending 2nd but got pushed to wall in S1 and Scott gave me no mercy but humiliated me on finishng straight:)

Overall good race between Flat6, 4 of us doing similar pace whole race. Could have gone anyway but but....

*Wall
    of
    text
    about
    Multiclass racing
    goes
    here

11. John vd Geest

Went better then I thought. I was sure to crash somewhere :p. But my better judgement got the better of me so I stayed save haha.

Sergio was off in his Sauber, as was to be expected, but for some reason the gap became smaller at the end of stint 1 and he made a early stop. For fuel no doubt.
    James overtook me by surprise by braking very late and still making the corner. And later on he did the same before the hairpin to Marco, witch was a alien move. Very well done.

The fight with Marco for 1st place in the second stint was very cool. I thougth I was faster then him, but ......, he was just saving fuel.
    I had calculated 235 liters and had to come in a second time and Marco did the whole race with 200 liters and 1 stop. Even had fuel left for a victroy lap LOL!
    Very good pace and outstanding job on fuelsaving. Victory well deserved. Grats.

And where the hell was Rob Milliken? He was doing 39's in practise on a full tank! You should have been racing with us dude!
    Johnny Gutierrez should take the Mazda next time in stead of the Porsche. He is a pretty fast driver and should be fighting for wins.

Good race. See you all next time.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  12. si una carrera muy divertida como esperaba, ya sentía que sergio y otros pilotos corrían mucho, jejejeje tienes que pensar en el consumo de combustible, una pelea muy apretada con John v. Geest, discúlpate por la falla en la esquina cerrada, cuando acelerar el auto a la derecha y perder el control, no pude hacer nada, mis neumáticos ya estaban muy gastados. Felicitar a los ganadores y también a los valientes que participaron, un circuito muy difícil para esta categoría, pero muy divertido, un saludo cordial. lo siento por traductor de google

if a race as fun as expected, and felt that Sergio and other drivers were running a lot, jejejeje you have to think about fuel consumption, a very tight fight with John v. Geest, apologize for the fault in the closed corner, when I accelerate the car to the right and lose control, I could not do anything, my tires were already very worn. Congratulate the winners and also the brave ones who participated, a very difficult circuit for this category, but very funny, a cordial greeting. sorry for google translate

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2018
  13. Steve Cornet

Steve Cornet Pro Driver

Great fun yesterday, I was lucky to win as I walled it twice and also had a costly mistake at the hairpin once.

Great thing that 4 cars only 17 sec apart after 90 mins of racing. Near the end I hit the wall for 2nd time and Toni got close! I thought I should still ok for the win, but the server warped intervened on last lap but one, damn shame that. I got the freeze too, think Toni got a worse freeze mine was about 3 sec.

One guy who knows something about this is Chad Brown aka depco on S397 he runs VRC league. About a year ago on a previous build we was having this very same problem in his servers, went on for race after race then he solved it somehow but it was not easy. That was with apex mod, and it happened at track after track. 60 min race there, it always happened on the last lap but 1 it seemed. Various cars all got a freeze, but not all at the same time, just roughly at the same time.

I actually saw the red groupc warp too a couple of laps beforehand or so, car just appeared right in front of me! Depco is very helpful, can maybe PM him on s397 he might be able to help with server issue.

Cheers guys see you next time.

14. John vd Geest

Race highlights:

• Like Like x 5
  15. Jordi Torrent

Jordi Torrent Pro Driver

Nice race resume!!

16. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

@ 0:28 I think Dan was wide awake - He saw my brain fart on lap1 and probably didnt trust me ;)

17. good NC resumen ,very batel Flat6

18. Carlos Pons

Carlos Pons Pro Driver

A crazy race. A circuit a bit narrow for these cars and more with the GT in the middle. The difference of speed with the 911 was brutal in some points, sorry to the victims ...
    Good summary John.

19. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing all. The race I practice for and I totally blew it. Had no pace LOL. Like John said, I don't want to switch from the Porsche but I might have to. Used someone as a braking point. Not my intention to spin you. Errr. Race was just a disaster for me.