rFactor 2 Round 4 Salzburgring

Discussion in 'ACD Formula BMW Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

4. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Had to unregister from this series, gentlemans.
    Health issues on my way again.

I wish you all good luck for the rest of the season.

5. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

get well soon mate!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Server isn't showing on liveracer (haven't checked if it actually running)

7. Ken Jagger

It'll be up again shortly. I've been doing some updates on the SRO hardware installs. :)

8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Can't make it tonight. Have fun!

9. Ken Jagger

Ongoing PC issues will probably keep me out of racing for a couple of weeks. Have fun guys.

10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

fun racing.
    but have to admit strugled in the chicane, think that went not so good. cut it few times.
    my quick setup was awsome on 3rd sector which is the fun part for me on this track and managed to turn it a little better for second race.

gg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

I agree with that, but I think nearly everybody had problems with the chicane. As soon as the pile of tyres is away it is really hard to find the limit.

For me it was a positive surprise that I was so fast and even could fight for a while with the mighty Toni (last to second in race one, respect).
    Per se I reallys struggled with this mod in the earlier rounds, apart from my lag problem I was only partially competitive. I was close to give up but it seems if you are persistent it is possible to improve. Although it seemed that my set up was not that good in traffic.
    As there happend so much in this race, I made a video to cover some of that.

Only two more things, seriously Jens? Likely 99% of the others wouldn´t hesitate a split second to take such a chance. Because it was not your fault (a lapped car blocked me and such things happen in racing) and one could argue, the other would never do that for me, so why should I? But not you, huge sign of respect, much appreciated. I will remember that one and maybe I can return the favor. Otherwise I would really look like an "arse" or whatever fits here :p At this point also thanks to @Michał Mazurek and @Janos Kob for beeing nice with in the qual session.

So thanks you guys for that races, enjoyed both.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Great video Philipp, thank you for posting.
    Race 1 was very exciting for the first few laps...until I got took out. Could I have a link to the download for race 1 please as I will be protesting.

Race 2 was a bit of a mess for me at the start, I moved into Andrew (I think), I knew he was close of course but misjudged how close, my apologies for that Andrew. Settled down for a while until I got involved in a crash after trying to avoid a couple of cars.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
  13. Andrew Williams

No problem, no harm done.
    Had to giggle when we went into final sector side by side and we both tried to give way to the other "after you sir" "no, after you" :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  14. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

I was laughing not giggling but thinking exactly the same thing.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Well, race 1 was being a interesting one as my FFB was almost gone. It happens from time to time and is fixed by going back to pit and out again. But this time I did not check the wheel before the start. So that went as it did as I'm for sure a FFB junkie...:p

Race 2 I manage to avoid the T1 incident and find myself in pos 4 or 5. Toni was a fast runner and passed rather easy. For the reminder of the race I had some excellent time with Phillip going side by side, sideways and swapping positions until the end.

On 2nd to last lap, seen at 17:10 in the video above there was as mention, a bit of trouble with a lapped car. Maybe if there was fight for the podium or me winning the championship I might have done different, but I prefer take positions fair and square, not by using a incident with lapped cars. Feel free to return the favor if possible :D

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

qualifications: hopeless
    Q1: effectively blocked P8
    Q2: P3 In the first sector, I had over half a second of loss :confused:
    R1: Sorry Janos, and otherwise clean.
    From P14 to P4
    R2: P3 just like in qualifying
    The first sector and basically the same chicane!? +0.5s guaranteed :(
    greetings

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

is there a replays ro be had?

18. Andrew Williams

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

The server replay's have been uploaded to SRO Resources and the download links are on each race page.

• Like Like x 1