rFactor 2 Round 4 Silverstone 75

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 13, 2017.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

You should always download a track from the series itself. Go to the series in championship and click the "cars and track" tab.
    You will find the correct download link there. It is a Steam workshop link to Silverstone 75 V1.4
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/153

2. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Unlikely to be there tomorrow as a night out has appeared.

3. Bas Zwartenbol

Bas Zwartenbol Pro Driver

I cant make the race tonight, have fun guys.
    Go earn those diplomas ;)

4. Len Venne

Len Venne Pro Driver

Thanks guys I got it figured out......:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

My participation has become somewhat uncertain as I'm not sure if my other tasks for today will be finished in time. Hopefully till later tonight!

6. John vd Geest

Check. Hope you can make it :)

7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

made stupid error while getting into rhytm at early laps. calculating sometin and waiting for 20-30 liters of fuel burn. Had hard tyres so things looked good.

8. Luis Moreno

Luis Moreno Pro Driver

Grats again to Dino. Doubted on my strategy until I saw how the top guys here were doing. Ran heavy again on fuel (was like 40L in excess :O), I could not find good plugins yet as I've also got the DX11 lately.

@John vd Geest , sorry mid race at the final corner :(

9. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

First straight heroes making it four wide before Turn 1....

Just once I would like to drive a straight car for more than 300 yards in this series but it seems to much to ask.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Gentlemen, before I comment, I have a question
    Why did everyone I saw while driving drive off-track in a known place?
    I lost more than half a second in the second sector
    driving outside the track a dozen or so meters? It's funny

11. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Nice job catching me there at the end Nick with your beat up car. Too bad about problems at the start. This time I got through it with much luck. Will be watching the replay. I witnessed some rough driving and parts flying. Hope everyone keeps cool with the post race comments and I thank you in advance :) Not sure what "known place" you are referring to Michal but I'm sure I am guilty of doing it. Didn't get much practice at this track and I was struggling to keep it on track. Lots of fun though. Thanks to all and grats to Dino. Have a great week!

12. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I mean a bend called stowe

13. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Hi Michal,
    This was discussed with one of the admins in the pre race chat and was agreed that drivers can go "wide" on the exit of Stowe if they wish.

As for my race: Qualified in P9, finished in P6...my car got damage on the first lap by taking avoiding action and hitting the cones but at least the car was relatively ok to drive, right handers were my main issue. After a lap or so things settled down, in my hud I was keeping a steady eye on John (VD Geest), at first he was 17 seconds behind and was slowly but surely closing in on me, at one point John closed the gap to about 6 seconds and I was expecting a battle but then for some reason he fell back (assuming he had a spin), thereafter Luis caught back up..got passed and then went off...caught back up again and passed me again..Lol. Last lap was exciting when Rui had a go and made it through, all fair no problem although I was rather frustrated about a couple of peeps who wanted to unlap themselves which cost me time and probably 5th place in hindsight.

Next race I am taking the Williams

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

Good moning all,

Well, first of all sadly i want to announce that i'm gonna retire from this championship, the hour is not suitable for my family and personal tasks. The lack of practice (my setup was a mess) and the lack of trying/choosing other cars is also another reason, because when i'm no commited 100% in something i have no fun at all.

Talking about the race, i just want to apologise all guys that were involved in my first corner stupid mistake (lack of practice), but i was caught on the "kerb of death" and my car became uncontrollable, not really my intention or my usual behaviour while racing, so really, really sorry for that!

As i arrived in the server i saw people very fast, with very good lap times, i was nowhere near that performance, but i thought i had a chance in the race... so after the first corner incident my car became in really bad shape, had to pit and returned to the race with the determination to finish in the best possible position. With the wheel turning right the entire race, my front left tire overheating and the back end trying to escape all the time in slow corners, (oh boy that was really a challenge) ruined my wishes to finish in a top3. Anyway i managed to do a 5th position and that was really good for all that happened during this event.

Cheers all and good luck for the rest of the championship, it was a pleasure racing with you, we'll see each other again soon, maybe i'll keep doing the Euro F3 championship ;)

P.S - I agree with Michal, i saw people going over grass lots of times, i agree everybody should have a chance, but seeing same guys on the grass i guess there should be a limit for a worthy driving skills from the admins part...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  15. John vd Geest