Round 4 Vanport

Discussion in 'CART Extreme 1998 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Ken,
    Just saw the replay.
    First and foremost, I think you should "know" me by now. If I thought (for one second) I was to blame on our accident, I would give back the position. Honestly, I expect the same from you.
    Second, by the time you turn (and hit me - and yes, it was you that hit me) I was alongside you side, hence I had the entire right to be there. You just did not gave me room, in my opinion, just like I did the two times you overtook me.
    Third, i'm really sad this happend .. can't find time to race, when I do, major blackout on the electric grid, the first time, and now this.
    I'l wait for steward's decision.
    Regards,
    Ricardo

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ricardo I too have checked the replay and I had already started to turn in to the corner on the normal racing line used all race long and you were 1.5 car lengths near enough behind me at that point. Your late attempt to dive through on the inside, completely off the normal line, of course put you alongside me, but its clear that your trajectory and speed, plus your acknowledged lack of tyre grip and brakes, would have sent you across the turn without any chance of taking it normally. I ended up being the victim of that poor manoeuvre, losing the win after taking it from you fairly.
    It will be reviewed by other SRO Admins, not me, and I will stand by their decision too.

4. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Sorry to say, but "I ended up being the victim of that poor manoeuvre, losing the win after taking it from you fairly" isn't true and you know it! Shame on you for saying that Ken! You lost the race not because of the crash but because you span after. And since I did not punted you, and since you stayed ahead of me after the crash.. I can't see which racing law I broke.. It so happens that I re-gained first place only after you span way after the crash, i.e., after we cleared it.. not because of the crash! Otherwise I would gave you back position, as I always do
    More...
    The two times you passed me you did it was because I left you room. Otherwise you would crash my car.
    But there's more.
    The line is my to choose, even if you think it's not normal (as long as i stay on track, no law against that).
    "I had already started to turn in to the corner on the normal racing line used all race long and you were 1.5 car"
    That's not true... check the outside camera. I saw it clearly. So much so that the crash is side to side.
    More
    "would have sent you across the turn without any chance of taking it normally" - Even if that's true, even if you can predict the future, you still could not turn as you did.
    Just look and the same situation in professional racing.. the car that is being overtaken waits, the other misses the turn, and than the other car starts turning.
    More
    The crash is side by side.. the rules are clear on that.
    To end this..
    My manouvre was 100% legal, here's a good example:

And if it wasn't, that was not the reason you lost the race

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  5. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

No matter the result od the STAFF, I won't participate in any of your events Ken.
    To say that you lost the race because my manouvre is just to tough to listen.
    You know that this is not true.
    I hope you correct this!