rFactor 2 Round 4 Zandvoort

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Brett try deleting the SRO Historic F3 R4 mod in the rF2 Launcher. Then try to rejoin the server.

2. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Sorted Ken...I did not have the Eve 1968...My bad.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Sorted Ken...I did not have the Eve

Hi Angelo,
    It's great to see that you are here my friend.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Hello racers!

Thanks for joining for the race today, was a lot of fun to broadcast alongside @Elise Skinner, we had a good laugh and a good time.

Really exciting battles on both of the races.
    Specially from Michal and his recovery from a mistake on race 2!

I want to congratulate everyone for putting a good show and for the podium finishers on both of the races.
    Well done!

Best regards,
    Matheus

• Like Like x 6
  5. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

[​IMG]
    where is, where is, where is, where is, where is, where is, where issss?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Flaviu Bozga

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Matheus Marçal

Youtube is processing the livestream, should be up at any moment! will make sure to send a link here when its ready

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Flaviu Bozga

OK,
    Take your time. Just want to thank you for your work
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Flaviu Bozga

@Matheus Marçal
    LFS :) This is how all started for me (online racing)
    LFS World, amazing, it is working after all this years. And my account is still there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

Here's the livestream from the broadcast with myself (Alex Skinner (excuse my forum name it's not changed lol)) and Matheus.

Hope you guys enjoyed and as i said. if i ****** up any of your names then PLEASE tell me :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Matheus Marçal

I race on LFS since 2004 mate, it was the beginning and still my most played game and my favorite of all time, ran multiple leagues and multiple teams on that sim, really great experience!
    I absolutely adore the game and the community, just great memories

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

also apologies for my really low mic xD

idk what the heck went on but wiill definitely be fixed for next broadcasts. feels really weird listening to a pitched down version of me. most CERTAINLY from my end...

guess i may need a new mic e.e

• Like Like x 2
  13. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Give a like to the video guys. SRO promotion!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Nice video, maybe you can improve some things (for example the pursuit view is maybe not the best perspective and as I know you can use the number key to jump between more than one car) for next time but still good work.

To my race, had struggled a lot with my Spark car. I drove a good lap time on sunday but on Monday I could not repeat that time. And after the other guys took the gloves off my time was not competitive anymore. I needed a bit of luck in the qualy, Barrett gave me a perfect slipstream and I was able to drive a 1:59. A bit surprising and made my live not easier in the race because I knew there was only a small change to hold my position.
    So after the start I could only look in my mirror and defend. I hope it was fair for you guys. Probably Angelo was a bit too greedy trying to overtake in the fast right hander. I was lucky to save my car and lose no position. But Roel was way faster and overtook me. Next one was Bret who needed some laps but with enough patience he found a gap. I overshot the Hugenholtzbocht and he went finally through after thrilling fight over several laps.
    In the end I finished in P7 as best Spark car. That fact made me curious if the Eve car is probably better especially on this circuit. And the I decided to swap the car for the second race without practise.

Probably not the best decision, because I screwed the second qualy. And after all I´m doubting if the Eve was really faster than the Spark, maybe a bit with more practise. My second race was a bit more calm because I came from 12. I got a good start and could just avoid Sean in front of me who did not get going. That cost me momentum but I could pass Aleksandr as well. Gerhard made a mistake after lap one which let me gain another place. And then somehow Roel got back behind me. In the last laps he and Barrett pressured me a lot as we all three gained time on Flaviu. Finished eight now as eight best Eve, well I think it is better to stick to my spark ;)
    This time I was just not fast enough.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Qualifying for the first race went better than I expected, both in lap time and position on the grid. At the race start I held onto 2nd with John & Zac breathing down my neck for the first few laps, when I then managed to ease out a little gap on Zac. Despite a small mistake which lost me 1.5 secs and let Zac close up, I managed to ease out the gap again and take 2nd at the flag. With Michal doing his usual stellar performance, I wasn't expecting any better so it was more than welcome.
    For Qualifying 2 I made a mistake on the 2nd timed lap, collecting damage, so that was that. I was still happy to keep 6th place from my one and only timed lap. Again at the start I maintained position but then early on I lost the rear a bit going into the final chicane and dropped two places into 8th. So it was a much different race for me than Race 1, as I had to battle and fight with the likes of Angelo, Roel, Bret, Flaviu & John who all seemed to have gained pace from the first race. Or maybe it was just having to battle in the pack which made it seem that way :)
    At the end I had worked up to 4th which may have been 2nd/3rd without my mistake, but I was more than happy to have enjoyed such great and respectful racing with all those mentioned. Here's hoping for more in the future.

Having now seen the Broadcast replay, I'd also like to thank Alex & Matheus for their efforts and commentary (excepting the Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum references!! :eek:) For the first time they have worked together I felt it was a great start. Room for improvement like many things, but a good start nonetheless. With our feedback I'm sure they'll polish things up as we move forward, so I hope that SRO members give them support and encouragement in what is a very difficult and complex operation to present LIVE

• Like Like x 4
  16. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Quite happy with my debut here at SRO. This was the right class for it. Historics!
    I enjoyed a lot my time on track, and had some good and very intense battles.

Race 1 was not so good for me. I think I was a bit anxious about race for the first time here, and I tried a wrong move on Philipp, for which Im sorry. Also I had a incident a few laps later, following Barrett. His car was having huge lags, jumping back quite a lot. First time I escaped by luck. But on the second time when his car jumped back there was absolutely no reaction time for me. And that was it. I went to the pits for repairs, served a Drive Thru (Philipp´s contact), and finished the race. Knowing that there was potential for a lot more.

Race 2 was great! Much more like I use to race most of the time. Some great battles, with a number of great drivers....and finish on the Podium on my first event here was a nice surprise. I was pushing and fighting hard!

Hopefully I can make the last few rounds. Cheers.

Also, nice job from the Broadcast crew. Too bad Race View didnt worked at all for Race 2. That helps a lot understand what is happening in the race. I hope the guys can fix this.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

I've seen the replay and it is nice work guys. just few tweaks would be fine ;) e.g. race stats bar. don't know why, but it was not visible most of the race 1. it appeared just later. and information about driver when camera is onboard was not accurate and showing different driver. also switching between drivers could be improved. not sure how it works in rf2, but in AC you can see interesting battles in different color in the race stats, and click directly on the car with mouse. ..and don't take me wrong - I like the stream ;) these are just ideas for improvement.
    regarding race - somehow I was not able to keep the pace from my practice sessions. maybe I did too much practicing while driving whole afternoon, and then was not able to focus enough during the race. :) there were nice battles in the middle of the pole I participated in, but then I lost the group after some mistakes. I finished 9th with several seconds gap in front.
    unfortunately I was not able to be at race 2 because of other duties I had :(

regarding next race - which Oulton variant it will be? I didn't find any at length 4.29 km :) thx

• Like Like x 2
  18. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

With the camera switching we're trying to get hold of an application that we can use to switch cars like in AC but we didn't manage to have it this week due to those guys being away on holiday.

Will be discussiing those overlay issues today as i know, personally, the guy who owns raceview.nl so it's easy to get hold of him :).

For our first broadcast i fell it went rather well (excluding the few technical hitches we had) so i'm not too displeased at all.

Neither of us won money either because you didn't crash or blow the car up! Very dissapointed. When i've known you for almost a year now Ken i can't help but think of the previous races we had with you struggling to overtake me on the mulsanne straight in an LMP1 with me in a damn GTE Corvette :D. Hence Tweedle Dum lol.

Yeah i brought that up with Matheus when i noticed it on the stream myself when i watched it back :)
    During a broadcast when you yourself are streaming you usually keep to Spectate cameras, Track Cameras, maybe a heli cam (if in the mod) and on-boards. Obviously first time broadcast with each other so a lot to learn. Glad things went as well as they did apart from that though :D

• Like Like x 4
  19. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Not seen the broadcast as yet, will watch it when I get home, big thank you to both Alex & Matheus in advance:).

A great exciting event for me this was. Not driven these F3's for a long long time. Qualified 5th in R1, good clean start although I lost a couple of spots, once again I seem to be magnetically attracted to battling with Philipp..haha, great dice, eventually I made the pass though after getting in Philipp's face for a number of laps. Race 2 I qualified in 3rd which was a surprise, battling all the way, Flaviu, Angelo, ken and John as well...all fair & square, really clean and good driving from all concerned.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 5