Automobilista 2 Round 5 Adelaide - Sat Nov 12, 2022

Discussion in 'AMS2 GT3 Championship' started by John vd Geest, Aug 25, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2022
  2. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Just started having a proper go with this game, but having trouble with braking. Basically it feels like the brakes don't work. You push the pedal hard in the GT3 cars and it takes forever to slow down. Pick a formula car and it locks up quickly, but GT3s seem rubbish on the brakes. Is this normal for this game? Do I just need to adjust from the ACC braking of GT3 cars?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I would say yes, if you are used to ACC it will take some time to get the feel for them in AMS2 for sure .. for me in ACC I have to press the breaks a lot harder to the point it moves my chair back sometimes & then I'm all set for a crash lol but i do enjoy both:D

4. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

The brakes in AMS2 GT3 cars seem like the brakes in ACC GT4 cars. One of them isn't right! :-D Reducing ABS to practically zero seems to help a little.

McLaren is well lairy and i can't yet get used to this, everything happy, everything happy, cornering, cornering, happy, sudden and explosive uncatchable oversteer like wheelspin for no reason. I think that's what I didn't like most about pCars2!

5. giuseppe santoro

giuseppe santoro Pro Driver

I guys,why if I put the default password on the GT3 adelaide practice server but it says incorrect password?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2022
  6. Rob Milliken

because the admin forgot to change it from last race :rolleyes::oops:
    All fixed now ..

7. Rob Milliken

Drivers! The next update to AMS2 will be released before round 5! V1.4.3.0 This update has reworked the controller/wheel calibration sequence and will require some of us to re-calibrate! So make sure you are all set after the release which should be in the coming week. You can also try the release candidate "RC" right now which brings us 70's historic Spa if you own the track pack or season pass (hardly historic to me as I graduated from high school in the 70's :rolleyes:) I guess I'm historic as well :p
    You can check out the release notes HERE or on the AMS2 site & feel free to try the RC although it's going to change by race day as it's missing some stuff that will be added. Either way the next race will have the official release;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Gah, just making some progress with making the feel work better for me. Not a good time to rework the controls! :D:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Anyone else using a Fanatec CSL DD want to share their settings/experience? I have played a lot with it and various force feedback settings to stop this sudden yanking of the wheel problem. Main thing was to put the damper at 50% or more in-game, like the ACC one (which I think I have on 20%) to stop the oscillation.

Who uses Default, Default+ or Custom on the force feedback?

Now got to sort out the graphics which after 1 lap start running at half the speed for some reason!
    Nvidia 4090! I have plenty of headroom even on triple 2ks! I've had to limit the FPS to 120 in the Nvidia control panel to stop stupidly high framerates making games go bonkers.

9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I have a CSL DD but little experience with ACC. Simon do you use Fanalab? These are my base settings that I must've setup at sometime, unless they are the recommended defaults from the Fanalab Support forum which I haven't changed. Either way I don't recall the oscillations you have mentioned.

Attached Files:

10. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Thanks Ken. Changing from PEAK to LINEAR makes a big difference, much smoother.
    What about your in-game settings? Custom/Default/Default+ and gain, damping etc?

11. Ken Jagger

Not changed anything from the default "Fanatec Wheel" profile other than wheel rotation degrees by the looks of it, but as I said I've not really got into ACC yet.

12. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I was talking about the AMS2 in game settings.

13. Ken Jagger

Sorry I made the mistake of referencing ACC and not AM2....DOH! :oops:

My FFB in AMS2 is Gain = 65% & everything else is zero.

14. giuseppe santoro

Hi guys, someone know the name of this pedals app in the red circle?

Attached Files:

15. Rob Milliken

No idea lol ...

16. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Wheeler by billiam (itch.io) (Interesting)
    upload_2022-11-10_21-1-28.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. giuseppe santoro

18. Rob Milliken

We might squeak threw without needing to update as they are dragging their feet atm. That said, I won't be surprised if it drops on Friday :rolleyes:

from the lead dev:
    Just an update on official release schedule folks - we´re currently adding finishing touches to the new content, pushing to get moddable helmet liveries functional as well as fix a couple of issues elsewhere which are dragging a bit longer than we hoped, we should have a new RC build by tomorrow however and official release hopefully in time for the weekend.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  19. Rob Milliken

sadly, No live timing for us with AMS2 ..

20. Rob Milliken

Looks like we will be on the current build "none in beta dropdown" for this race! Make sure you are NOT on the Release Candidate!