rFactor 2 Round 5 Algarve / Sun Nov 10, 2019

Discussion in 'The DNF S3-Howston Dissenter 1974 Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 5, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

History

The circuit hosted the final round of the World Superbike Championship on 2 November 2008. On 9 June, the track was confirmed to host a round of the 2008-09 A1 Grand Prix season. The race was set for the weekend of 12 April 2009. On 10 October 2008, the Le Mans Series announced a 1000 km night race to be held at Algarve on 2 August 2009. On 5 November 2008, the FIA GT Championship announced and 7th round of the 2009 season will be held at Algarve on 13 September 2009. A Formula One test session, with the McLaren and Honda teams participating, was scheduled for 15–17 December 2008. Ferrari also ran at Algarve. Toyota also tested at the circuit on 20 January 2009 in the first outing of their new TF109 chassis. The circuit will also host the final round of the 2009 GP2 Series season in September 2009. From 2010 it will host a round of the FIA World Touring Car Championship.

On April 4, 2009 Max Mosley stated that based on the quality of the circuit it could integrate the Formula One championship under the guise of the Portuguese Grand Prix, as long as a commercial agreement with the Formula One Management is achieved.

The circuit resembles old Nürburgring and Spa-Francorchamps, mainly because of its constantly undulating nature. A1 Team Portugal's driver Filipe Albuquerque observed that there are big downhill slopes and right-hand turns after the main straight. He also commented that the track is good for overtaking because the circuit width. A1 Team New Zealand's driver Earl Bamber observed that there are many special turns with personality. He commented that the new circuit is a little bit dangerous like the old school circuits with a roller coaster ride. A1 Team France's driver Nicolas Prost commented that the asphalt is new and the circuit has little grip.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Quick question... Are we driving the track version without chicane in the beginning of the lap? (Same as in the video.)

3. John vd Geest

Yes, without the chicane. You are not registered for the last 2 races. Is that by accident?

4. Gert-Jan van Osch

I regisered one race at a time for the DNF series S3. I can make it to all races (will register them).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

This is tough. Think my left front is out in 15 laps. Managed 2.00.00 with full tank in 30mins quick praccy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. John vd Geest

Then only do 14 ... :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Cant see the server. Is it running?

8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

We've had a few issues migrating STEAM to a new hardware server Paul, so the race server will be up a bit later than usual.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob has put the server up it is not showing in Liveracers as we are gradually moving to a new dedicated server.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gert-Jan van Osch

Tried the server.. I am questioning if it is the correct track. It is Portugal GP, but not Algarve Portimao track... Did the track change for this round?

11. John vd Geest

No it did not change. That's a mistake by the guys that did that server.
    I'll try to get it fixed asap.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Work shift extended until 22.00 due to injury to my workbuddy.
    So im out :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Should be the correct track now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gert-Jan van Osch

Yes tried it... It is correct

• Like Like x 1