rFactor 2 Round 5 Autopolis International Circuit - Sun May 30, 2021

Discussion in 'Super GT500 & S397 GT3 Asian Region Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

supergt banner.jpg

Welcome to Round 5 Autopolis International Circuit

Autopolis is an international racing circuit located near Kamitsue village in Ōita Prefecture, Japan (30 km Northeast of Kumamoto). Opened in 1990, it hosts a range of domestic and international motorsport events throughout the year. The track is noted to have a high standard of facilities and infrastructure. Due to the circuit ending up in financial difficulties, it has changed hands several times but still operates to this day.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

GT300 Winner SYNTIUM LMcorsa RC F GT3 OnBoard / 2019 AUTOBACS SUPER GT Rd.6 AUTOPOLIS GT 300km RACE

3. John vd Geest

4. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Can some more GT500s turn up this time?

5. John vd Geest

I will be there in the GT500 :)

6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Cool, can try aswell

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Toni, if you want to race GT500, then you have to change class on the signuplist for the resultlist. You are now in the GT3 class :)

8. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Game doesn't seem to want to download the rfmod.... guess I am not gonna make it!

9. John vd Geest

Deleting other SRO vmods from the past usually solves this. :)

10. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

That was the most exciting race of this series. This track is well designed. Congrats to the podium. Jens and I had some good battles and I thought for sure he had me when he came out ahead after his last stop. I took the advice from my teammate about 30 minutes into the race and changed tires. It was a good call. I started catching up about a second or more per lap. I had a major off in turn one that cost me about 15 seconds but managed to make it up. Well done Phil for holding me off in the last laps to take the podium finish. I was catching you bro.. Clean racing all around. Joe gave me some exciting moments trying to pass while battling with Jens. Dude !! Some aggressive racing but, ok .. good racing. No complaints as it was exciting. And that is why I show up :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Good racing again and with 3 different strategies going on for 3rd place, 1 stop, 1 tyre change, 2 stops 2 tyre changes and me 1 stop, no tyre change. 1st and 2nd wasn't in reach but only 6 seconds 3rd to 5th, could have ended differently :)

This track was bit hard on the tyres, hard to push the final laps so ended 5th.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Phil Pitzer

Phil Pitzer Pro Driver

Great race. Congratulations to Joe Brown for the win. Made a miscalculation in fuel numbers during the race so I ended up slowing down some for the second half to conserve. Then I saw you Mark in my rear view towards the end and had to speed up again, that was exciting. You were catching me fast man.

13. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I had a stupid technical issue and had to quit. I hate stupid technical issues.