Assetto Corsa Round 5 Autopolis

Discussion in 'Renault RS.01 Sport Trophy 2019 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Well install mod and go test...managed pretty good.
    That car has its cons i guess and too little time to test but got a good and fun race out of it.
    Specially start and early laps were awesome close battling and liked it a lot.
    Then mistakes started to pile up and took me 30minutes to be consistent and then fuel issue.
    Veli-Matti was untouchable today ( looked standings and seems been whole season lol ).
    Overall had good and fun race o/

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It's confusing how a car can feel so good and consistent at one track and then feel totally the opposite at another :confused:. From Poznan to Autopolis, that's what happened for me. In practice the car was reluctant to turn in, pushed a bit on corner exit and was a bit snappy when lifting off the throttle quickly. Just before qual I went radical (for me) and made some biggish changes mainly to try and improve the turn-in characteristics. Luckily they worked, but the setup was still far from ideal. Did my PB in qual, dropping below 1.43 to start 4th on the grid.
    Held the position at the start and for a couple of laps, until running a bit wide letting Philipp through, but I was able to run slightly quicker and catch him, recovering the position. Then very surprisingly I was able to close the gap to Andrew and at least keep him honest until the end :). It looked like he had a slightly better top speed (maybe lower wing?) than me on the main straight, so although we stayed close together till the end, there was no chance of a pass without mistakes.

Sorry to see Toni drop back with his unscheduled stop :(. I didn't realise he had until after the race had finished.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Yeah I agree, it is a strange car. Before I missed Poznan I had no problem to recover from spins/punts in the early stages to a good finish. But since Interlagos, I have my problems with this car. This time I really lacked in speed over one lap, drove faster with a full tank and older tyres... Another thing which was odd, Ken and Andrew seem to struggle a bit at the start, but after half time they could really pick up the pace. I couldnĀ“t follow, I got stuck at my 43s. I then tried too hard and made some errors, which brought Jens and Bill back into contention.

Probably I had too much wing on the car, will change that for the last round.

• Like Like x 2