Round 5 | Bahrain

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Broadcast link is no longer working. Says something about being blocked under copyright grounds????

2. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I am getting the same copyright error. That's messed up. It has no relation to F1, does it ?? I was not able to view it so I don't know what it could be.

upload_2018-10-28_18-46-37.png

3. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

I just finished watching it (on 1.5 speed), and now i'm getting same thing. Looks like YT killed it. dumb DMCA.
    I think because that version of Bahrain has some track side banners/objects that is licensed by FOM probably ...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Don't think it worked John, your skin didn't load for the race. I think it needs to be in a MAS file for it to work correctly.

5. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

I'm sure F1 stands to lose a lot of money if they let our race broadcast play.
    We've been F'd.
    And that is truly F'd up.
    Can we get the file uploaded to the SRO servers for download?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Matheus is looking into it. First timer for me aswell :p

7. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Sometimes i commentate in my head, its really fun actually :D

Yup, having a look at it right now!
    weird, because i recorder F1 on my TV downstairs on volume 0... what the heck youtube...

8. Matheus Marçal

Yup! Youtube sent this on our channel e-mail, looking into it...
    upload_2018-10-28_22-15-21.png

9. Bart Slobodzian

Bart Slobodzian Pro Driver

I managed to watch it, don't know if this is a regional thing or not.
    Beautiful result for me finally, I was shaking from the very first lap to the very last. My oculus was harvesting sweat from my eybrows flowing like the river nile I really dont know how I fended off the competition, altho I was consistent overall I cant believe the result.
    The porsche has one hell of a whip when you get the brakes and balance wrong going into fast exit hairpins I think they caught me out 3 or 4 times but the same must of happened to everyone else so I won't complain.
    Truly was one hell of a tough track to stay consistently fast on the limit, I thought COTA was hard this was something else.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

What does "view claim details" tell us?

This smells like an over ambitious YouTube algorithm to me.

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah I need to look into this. All three custom liveries didn’t load for some reason and I’m not sure why.

Joseph’s, and John’s are MAS files whereas mine is a DDS file (or a collection of). I’ll try resaving the files and see if that works on the practice server for Sebring, when it gets launched of course.

My only thought is file size maybe. Although there’s nothing unusual about John’s files. They are DXT5 as standard and at default resolution.

12. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

No-shows

The following drivers have been removed from the series as No-shows:

1. Paulo Lima
    2. Denis Gorelov
    3. Andres Rivero

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

How rude! haha

I wonder. For the RD Le Mans Series they replaced all the track side "décor" with their own. Reading what's above I wonder if that's what the issue is?

I've never seen this before, although I suppose it can happen, however we are not even running formula cars.

Like someone says it could just be an automatic system which tracks the video down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

youtube seems stupid. Id just try to reupload and remove trackname and check the tags.

Q after 1st fast kap pitted and made little tune. was better.

R waa having a debate qith myself about softs or meds Meds won.
    Could have done 1st stint aofts and swap to meds but made it safe.
    Its hard to save tyres with traffic and track layout. Think meds would have gone whole lenght.
    Better safe than sorry.
    1st stint started good. Was in rhytm doing .45.5 - 45.9 nonstop but then came traffic.
    Was super cautious and lost my lead there.
    Marcos took early pit. Think he went in cause of incominhg traffic and John same time with me.
    Both undercut me.
    After stop right at Johns tail and after he going abit hardcore to a corner got 2nd position. From there it was chasing down Marcos, which I couldnt do. Even stopped caring too much of traffic, still was doing it safe, but didnt wait anymore.
    Just coulnt close down cap.
    Marcos pitted and reacted to it next lap splahing little fuel.
    Was my turn to undercut and got the lead.
    Then dont know what happened behind but managed to win.
    Very happy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Well done my friend great result :)

Yeah I wanted to do just a quick refuel when I got to the final stop but I lightly flatspotted my right front and the vibration was getting worse by the lap, lol

The softs were getting too hot for me, so I had to stick to mediums, but once the track rubbered in the car was transformed, much nicer to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matheus Marçal

Hello everyone! Good news! We won the copyright dispute, here's the link for the stream!
    upload_2018-10-29_12-35-14.png

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Matheus, Thank You for resolving this :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Good job!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I missed all this wtf.

Thanks Matheus for looking in to this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Nothing wrong with the file sizes. A lot of the info on the internet is old for rF2.
    Somewhere along the line they changed it so just having loose dds or just a single mas files doesn't work from a server/skin sharing perspective anymore.
    You can probably still see it on your own machine, but everything has to be in a MAS file, AND have a corresponding unique .rcd vehicle file now for server skin sharing to work correctly.

See this tutorial - for me at least, just doing method 1 wouldn't work.
    I had to go through all the way to method 2 and create a .rcd vehicle file for it to work. I spend about an hour messing with different .dds and .mas file names prior to Lemans race for the Pink Pig. Nothing would work until I did method 2 and created the .rcd vehicle file part. It will create an additional car in the selection page that you need to select to see your skin.

http://www.simracingpro.com/threads/creating-a-mas-file-for-your-skin.3723/