rFactor 2 Round 5 Bathurst 2016

Discussion in 'Studio 397 LMP2 & GT3 Endurance Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 3, 2019.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Andrew is trying to help you Darrel that is what this community is all about helping each other.
    SC is not allowed in SRO championships.

Look at the screenshot.

rf2.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

RF2 has two types of TC and ABS. Some can be turned on in the settings menu and some are connected to the car. The server has a disabled access to TC and ABS in the settings menu, as they are in the car anyway. You can adjust them from the garage tab, or map these keys.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I suppose there are two ways of using the "aids" one is the "universal" in-game "driving aids" option, like no-damage, auto-gears, traction-control, pit-lane help, auto clutch and so-on.

The other way is if the car itself (in real life) has this as a factory setup option, so you can use this regardless of the server settings as the real car has it. That's what the pictures above are showing for you. You just need to map the control options to buttons on the wheel or on the keyboard for you to be able to switch it on.

It's the same for the Oreca as well :) I do admit though it is annoying as by default RF2 doesn't apply these very useful functions to anything! :p So you will have to hunt for them in the control options.

So I assume the messages you are seeing on your screen is the first option and you are trying to switch on the universal driving aids not the actual real car settings?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

@Darrel Kruger
    im expecting an apology from you.
    that is no way to talk to others.
    we are trying to assist you.

fyi
    abs and tc adjust works for me..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Thank you Nigel Middleton, Henri Miettinen, & Andrew Harper.

This was really confusing. Thanks for taking the time to illustrate what is going on & how the league/server is adjusted. I have never been in a league where TC (or something) is DISALLOWED, yet you can run it. Anyway, I understand what is going on and appreciate the effort.

It really makes a huge difference in lap times and at Bathurst, it is going to save a lot of wrecks (well anyway, we will have fewer).

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It is not DISALLOWED in this series, it is ALLOWED but as explained needs to be controlled via your car mod control settings, not the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Well, as I said and as posted in my screenie..... It says it is DISALLOWED, that was on the server. So it is confusing.

8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Darrel you are not listening to what members are trying to explain to you.

They are passing on there knowledge, Please respect that.
    I will not repeat this again this is closed, If you require more help pm a member.
    We want all members to enjoy there racing and have fun here.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Joey Smith

Joey Smith Pro Driver

Practice server has the BMW GTE in the entry lobby while all the other choices are GT3 or LMP2. If the BMW is selected, the practice servers boots due to vehicle filter mismatch.

10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

What...these cars have tc abs?

11. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

12. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

This is fixed now :) Thanks for the heads up!

13. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

lads.
    i cant make tonight.

enjoy and give each other room...

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Henri Miettinen

Yes. I didn't even remember it until Darrel started asking about them :D LMP has only TC, but GTE cars have TC and ABS

15. Lukas Sramek

Lukas Sramek Pro Driver

I have a red sign in registration to today race. do all pilots really enter the race?

16. Henri Miettinen

It's a good idea to come here just before Qual starts to see if someone has removed themselves from the entry list. I would also believe that if you did not see all the cars on the server a couple of minutes before the quali you could come there. Could admins confirm this? You can see how many cars are on the server from the live timing.

17. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

@Henri Miettinen He'd not get the race password if he is still a red light I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

funny cant find it..tho not using so who cares :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

20. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 2