Project Cars 2 Round 5 Bathurst

Discussion in 'BMW M1 Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

password? Default is wrong

3. Ken Jagger

Fixed

4. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Hey guys, I am looking for some help here. This is two seasons I have raced in this series and I cannot even come close to the AI's when practicing. It is like they are driving different cars. They pass me like I am standing still on the long back straight here. I am normally competitive in most series only taking myself out in races from silly mistakes.:( But in this series I cannot for the life of me figure this car out. It is like I am in a street car compared to my competitors. Checking my pedal set ups, I seem to be getting 100% throttle.

Any thoughts?

5. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Hi Paul, I find if your running AI at top percentage they will mostly drive to your times if you are at the competitive end of the scale, I have seen up to 2 secs a lap different between their fastest lap times depending on how I drive, but they seem slower in the mountain section but get excellent drive out of the last corner on to that big straight. then they can go past, they also punt you a lot at the end of that straight.
    Just drive it in practice session or the server and do your best times , try and improve and don't worry about AI . they can be misleading.
    To be fair this is also not a good track for me, there is good time to get all over it, but I do struggle and so easy to make a mistake.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  6. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Thanks Julian. I find exactly the same thing. I can gain in the mountain corners but they catch me like they have another gear on the long straights. I will just practice on the server, but, with no lap times to see, I have no idea whether I am close or not. Our lap times use to show up on the race page of the SRO website but that area seems to stay blank now. You kind of go in to the final practice blind to what a good time is. You can end up at the last minute, struggling to get up to pace when you realize how much faster other guys are.

It will be fun as always. I just hang out towards the back in the M1 series. No use wrecking the fast drivers race.

7. Roman Granatovich

8. Ken Jagger

I think Paul was looking for our server times from those entered.

And Paul I never personally worry about AI times in any sim or on any track, so don't fret about them too much Julian has said. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roman Granatovich

I regret that it turned out so unsuccessfully on the 1st lap with Julian, I really wanted to compete with speed and tactics. I chose hard ones and hoped to bounce back in the 2nd half of the race

As for my non-punctual friend Shamaich, I explained to him that you need to register and create an account First Name Last Name. Right now there are few interesting championships on PC2 and we always invite friends. Partly due to the situation with him I didn't get to do any laps of practice while texting and after yesterday's F1 race in AMS 2 I didn't have time to change lanes at all, it was very difficult almost to the end of the race

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

shame, I was looking for a good race on that one ,Roman got a better start, then I went tight on turn 1 and Roman was wide, so I backed of a little bit so we wouldn't make contact, then I was tapped from behind which caused the car to lose momentum and then everyone else was coming at me faster and I got spun then had suspension damage from the turn one incident, As they say that's racing , and nobody's fault. but still fun.
    Hopefully next time.:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Grats podium, well, done mates!
    Thanks to Paul, it was a real thriller between us. Felt very sad see you
    crashing, imo you took too much risk in that corner, there was no space
    for me to start an attac.
    @Roman: tell Shamaich to register, he is very welcome!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Roman Granatovich

he wrote that he had already registered before the race, he just forgot to enter not under a nickname

13. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

We had a great race for a while. I needed to shift my brake bias forward at the half way point as my back end was wanting to pass me at the top of the mountain, which it did in the end. I was holding on for dear life. I had to go in and get repairs but it did not replace the tyres so I came out in the same condition as before the bump, with a very loose back end. I had fun while it lasted. You lost so much speed when you brushed the wall, I had to go for it with my pass. Lots of fun!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Oh yeah, sorry to Julian for the bump in turn one. I could not slow in time when I saw you there. It wasn't a hard bump but it looked like an exaggerated reaction. your car flew up in the air. I couldn't believe it. I think the physics maybe off a little. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

He wasn't registered for the race, under a real name or nickname. He may have registered for the SRO website but until he was approved he would not have been able to enter any race. Under no circumstances should SRO server pwd's be given to non-members or unregistered members. This can result in a ban from SRO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver

Just noticed that the Bathgate race results have not been updated.....

17. Ken Jagger

Not sure what happened there Brian, but I've now posted the results for Bathurst instead of "Bathgate" :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver

Lol, thanks Ken. I'v no idea where Bathgate came from. Will have to visit there sometime. o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

After a scandal everything is ....gate, like watergate, so Bathgate is correct!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2