Round 5 Brands Hatch GP

Discussion in 'Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I'm very sorry @Ken Jagger but I won't be able to make today's race.

Due to work schedule (and booked holidays) my Saturday at work was swapped round so I'm having to work today.

I would have gladly started at the back but I won't be home still about 6pm so I would miss the start completely.

Sorry everyone, but hoping to join you in other races this weekend :)

3. Ken Jagger

Sorry you can't make it Andrew but thanks for letting us know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

ohoh I waited too long to practice and now find it was was wrong track....eek! It's a race to download it...go pc go!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

What the hell was that guys?! John Lock brakes too late and keeps pushing me into a spin. Lift the throttle man! Don't keep pushing me!
    And that whole first sector on lap one was just public server standards. People were just hitting eachother. complete wreckfest.

6. Michael Schmiedel

Michael Schmiedel Pro Driver Donator

Sorry, I'm an idiot. :mad::confused::mad:
    I thought the race started at 7:00 p.m.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Yowzer John, this must be your lucky rabbits foot I found, all your bad luck (and most others) keeps giving me rainbows with pots of gold. Almost strolled my way to another one except for Barrett, who really upped his game when my nose filled his mirrors!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Second race with the new GPU and DX11.
    I must say that this last update ... uau! nice one from studio 397.:D
    I just miss some plugins! really miss them

The race... well, good fun while lasted
    Sustained damage after incident with Mark. Don't know if it was my fault or not. If it was, Mark, i'm sorry.
    After that, trying to get near Ken with a slightly damaged car and very rapidly losing rear tires proved impossible.
    Went to pit and went against the wall :mad:
    310seconds repair :)

Came to track again only to have some fun and try to break my personal record.

Didn't saw what happened at the beginning... i just saw Mark passing ken and me like a rocket :)

Final note: here at SRO or anywhere, i'm a big fun of the safe zone... wheter standing or rolling, we should't be allowed to overtake before t1.. I agree that such a rule is not very realistic, but hey, neither is racing while standing still on our living-room :) (just a thought)

cya all next one

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Had the race in the bag, running very comfortably with a late stop planned. When I did make the 5 sec stop for tyres 10 mins from the end and came back out of the pits, as I was going through Druids the engine cut out and I thought I had messed up my fuel calculations, but then saw flame and smoke coming out the back! :eek: My very first engine failure since rF2 was released yonks ago, so I'm not sure what was going on, especially as I was running the same radiator as Barrett & Mark. Very mysterious and unusual, so I'll be spending some time on Google trying to find out more.
    Grats to Barrett/Mark on taking 2 out of 3 podium places :) Sorry to see you go out so soon John. :(

10. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Had a computer problem :( which I finally got fixed :). Then I find out, like Scott, that the circuit being used was an old one:(. Got it downloaded:). It was tight but got in just in time:). Only to find out that there had been a last minute rule change:mad: Only 2012 cars allowed. Went out again, loaded up the 2013 car and got back in but the formation lap was already under way:(. Too late.

11. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Larry, I was frantically changing steering lock for the 12' car and entered race too late and had to start from pitlane; you couldnt?

12. Ken Jagger

You should always check the race page for the correct download links for both car and track and not rely on having a track already installed which you think is correct.

Apologies for the late change in practice asking everybody to use the 2012 car, but this was to avoid any potential criticism or protests about the use of DRS at this track which does not have programmed DRS zones, like Zandvoort when some people used it and others didn't.

13. Larry Thomas

Nope, I couldn't. That is what I was hoping for but I think that you have to join before the formation lap starts.

14. Larry Thomas

Yep, I know and it is what I usually do but with my computer problem.....

No problem Ken, not blaming anyone. It was the last straw on the camels back.

• Like Like x 1