rFactor 2 Round 5 Daytona RC - Sun Nov 1, 2020

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

For some reasons the car behaves differently on race than on any other session. At least it's more blatant than on any other track. First part of the race the car was sliding too much thus I was wearing my rear tyres more than my front tyres while on any other session it was the opposite and the car wasn't sliding at all. Can't understand why. Maybe more traffic ?
    For some reason I'm always unlucky at this track, year after year, whichever platform, the only exception being a lucky 2nd this summer. This time I've been distracted by a loose wheel bouncing down the banking and I noticed a tad too late a 3 wheel car spinning and crashing all over the place a few yards away. I was "lucky" enough to avoid it but went into a spin myself and hit the wall. 2mn repair, a stop & go for speeding in pitlane because I messed up with the buttons... I think I've lost almost two laps in the process. By "chance" I had enough fuel to go to the end of the race (but couldn't have done one more lap, believe me) and several guys had issues in the late stage of the race, so I ended up where I started with no place lost. For a first time with GTE and considering my consistent bad luck on this track, I call it a good first time.
    On to the next, again with the Corvette.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Oh, these cars got lemans pack too?! :D
    Had 15minutes practice or so after desided to swap class and drive with company, that didnt go so well...

3. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

I got a drive through with about 15 min left in the race (lost concentration and straightlined the bus stop lol), i was able to serve it and it cleared for me ...

4. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

Exactly for me because of damaged car...
    Don't know what happened.
    Anyway if I remember well...we had some great battles there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Had a fun time racing with Didier and Jens for the first stint. Didier and I did matching tank slappers into turn 1 on back to back laps. Mine was from downshifting to 5th too early. Looked like Didier's was similar issue?
    Jens must have been watching us going "what the frack are you 2 idiots doing" :D

Rear end got a little bit loose as race went on for me, just couldn't keep up with Jens and then i started getting sloppy and slipped down a couple places. Ended up straight lining the bus stop near the end of the race. Talk about brain fart. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

That was me. I remember You.
    Sorry I ruined your race! I owe you a beer ASAP!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

I'm thirsty mate.:D:p
    NP for the race, you couldn't do anything in that situation.

• Funny Funny x 1