Round 5 Donington National

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

pTracker, isn't it?

2. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Tinder :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Well that was an eventful race!!
    Simon and I touched at Old Hairpin as he was going down the inside whilst I was trying to turn in but thought I had given enough room. Unfortunately this caused a little bit of mayhem behind due the resulting spin which Stacy was very unfortunate to get caught up in, apologies for that Stacy but as has been said on previous posts Simon was a passenger and couldn't do anything to stop it coming back on the track
    After that it was a case of trying to get my head down and recover. Had a few good battles and a few not so good battles but hey ho that's what happens in racing. Was a bit disappointed in the racing straight after the race but now I have had time to reflect it wasn't such a bad thing to happen, it helped me to practice some overtaking and sometimes it was challenging to say the least.
    Looking forward to the final race at Silverstone so will see you all there :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Well, it is pTracker. sTracker is server side app.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ptracker.3509/
    "lap and race tracker, send setups, autosave pb setups, advanced chat client"
    And I must agree with @Stacy Newcomb here. Too many incidents in lap 1. I think the lap 1 should be taken a little easier, in 45-60 minutes long races. It is plenty of time to pass and fight for position. And after the group of cars disperses a little it is far less dangerous for everyone, the cars involved and the cars behind who can hit them, or avoid them.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

I understand what you are saying Flav but it doesn't matter how cautious you are there is still a chance of a racing incident occurring. Certainly with the standard of drivers on this site and in this series no one INTENDS on causing a collision. And lets be honest if an incident happens in front of you are you going to slow down until it is over and maintain position or are you going to capitalise?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

I completely agree with Flaviu. Lap 1 should be driven with extra precaution. However I find it very unfortunate for Chris and Simon though. I raced them before in other series as well and they happen to be two of the cleanest drivers I have ever raced against. I have seen faaaaar more agressive driving in the first round of this series or f.e. the last round of the seat leon series. Lap 1 was a divebombfest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Flaviu Bozga

Please believe me it is not about Chris and Simon. It is about all of us. I was involved in the last Leon race in exactly same incident, and I agree, maybe I could have avoid that, but I don't have the reflexes of a professional car driver, I'm not in a real cockpit focused only to race, I'm home, people walking around, talking to me, the phone ring, the bird sing, etc. I saw so many times in simracing the driver in back brake after the driver in front brake and we all know what came after this, cause it is some lag involved, some network speed delay and some ... few other things. I always tried to brake first, or at least in the same time with second cars in front to be prepared for the T1,2,3...n, especially in the infamous L1. In fact I have a proposal:
    Let's start from Lap2 :p
    I respect Chris, Simon, Stacy, Ken, Tim ... all of you guys. If I didn't I won't be here, racing with you and having good time on track with you. But this doesn't mean there is no room for better.
    It was an absolute neutral comment about racing in lap 1. Sometimes it looks too ... aggressive

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Flaviu Bozga

In all my honesty ... CAPITALISE !!!!! I'm not a fast driver so this could be my only chance. And I'm not proud about that

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Just to make clear: it's definitely not so that I found your post agressive or so. On the contrary: I think you manage very well to bring your message with the right words. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Of course you are going to capitalise we all would;);););)
    And why shouldnt you be proud, you are a bloody good driver Flav and this is part of racing, trying to distract the driver in front so that they make a mistake:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

If we start racing lap 2 same thing would happen lap 2 ,we are all racers and now and again these things happen, racers don't slow down to much when someone spins you take a gamble and sometimes it pays and sometimes you pay , I don't think these things spin to accurately I know it sounds stupid but no matter what I did with my brakes wheel or language it sent me back into traffic when I know it should not have happened like that.

I did however enjoy all my battles through the field some great overtaking and some great defending by you guys.;)

just hopefully learn and carry on to Silverstone :)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2