Assetto Corsa Round 5 Estoril no chicain

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship 2014 Season 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Practice Server is Up !

2. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

Unfortunately I don't know if I'm going to be present, it's a holiday here on this day and I'm going to visit some people this weekend.

Even so I would like to report that the track has some problems and that is good to be careful. For example, if you for any reason put on the TV camera, you have a crash and the Assetto Corsa is aborted... so be careful, it's an alpha version, there may be more bugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes, you are right Gustavo. Will talk to Nigel Middleton to change the track. That changing camera thing is new to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

What track do you want to change it to.

5. Rob Milliken

Suzuka ?

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think John is going to change it to Estoril

7. John vd Geest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

All set !
    Give it a try & let me know ..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Damn', and I already had about 100.000km of practice on Fuji.... :cool:

BTW, I have to say that I had my doubts about the Fuji track at first, but it actually is a very good track. If you get it right its very rewarding, but if you get it wrong it will cost you 2 to 3 seconds. And making a mistake will not have you destroying the car. You need to get it really wrong to damage the car here.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Now all joking aside, can we please get a definite calender for this series.

11. John vd Geest

All good Rob.

12. John vd Geest

The track had a camera bug that I missed. So we had to replace it. Nothing changes otherwise :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Editted, bad day at the office

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  14. Rob Milliken

I would not go accusing anyone of cheating here , I can look at the server/client files and he passes all the filters ..some players are just fast ..its a fact ..:D if a driver had adjusted the grip files it would show in pTracker .. so far all the drivers have clean files ..:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

A few days ago.. at another league, enduracers, rf2, 100% damage, a guy, while overtaking me, and despite giving him room all the room he needed, hited my car--- hit it so bad at the point of leaving my car upside down...
    I went to the pits, 9x seconds repair, and the car never was the same (speed, etc, etc)
    He went on.. lap after lap.. like a horse on steroids!!
    No damage.. doing the same super fast alien times...

There are better sim drivers, better knowledge on the game's physics, better setups, more experience, better gear, more real life experience, motec insights, yes..
    But i've seen some weird xxxx going on...
    I bet that some of you have seen it either

16. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

Building a good setup is pretty much all you need to have decent laps, decent pace, etc. Setup is the key for success.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Pffff, doing some practice today, but I've hit the proverbial wall... Setup wise there is no more gain to be found so it must be me :mad::(

18. Rob Milliken

Server is now in official race mode ...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

ROB :eek: 1.28.3.... You just put me 1.2sec off pace :mad::( And somehow I just can't seem to go any faster

20. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

So this race.... It was one of the worst races I've had the last year, and it was all down to myself. I had to pit 4 times! Only to find out on the 4th pitstop i had the wrong setup on the car.
    Anyway, Congratz to Rob for winning this one. He had it under control and not having to do a pitstop made the difference.

I'll upload the replay as usual