Assetto Corsa Round 5 Estoril no chicain

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship 2014 Season 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

And why do people keep leaving the server during a race? My first half of the race was a total shamble, but I still stayed in the race. And you know what, I even enjoyed the last 40 minutes after I had found the problem.

Spoiler alert, its called racing. Things tend to go wrong every now and then. Just get your head down and stay in the race.

2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Lonely race for me after John went out, Car handled really well looking forward to the next round Shanghai.

Grats to Rob for his p2 win

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob had it under control, but only once Taner & myself decided to throw ourselves off the road in separate incidents and on the same lap!:(
    But not stopping looks like it would've sealed it for me anyway, as my practice pace suggested I would need to run 1.5 secs slower per lap to avoid a stop for fuel, never mind tyres.

Not sure how Rob and Taner managed that, but grats anyway.

4. Ken Jagger

The only person I saw trying to "join" the server once the race had started was Mert Keyar, so who else did you see leaving/joining Roy. Was it me, because something unexpected happened after I had lost nearly a lap struggling back to the pits with damage from my off-track excursion. I didn't get the pit-stop selections right, so the damage wasn't repaired and I ESC'd in disgust with myself. But the menu came up and let me "return to pits", allowing me to then rejoin the race, although it gave me a hold for about 20 secs before letting me out again. All something new to me and which I didn't know AC did.

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

@ Ken, I wasn't refering to you

7. Luan Sousa

Luan Sousa Pro Driver

I Feel sorry, could not join the race today cause there was a big water leak here at home right in race time, and had taked more than a hour to clean up all the mess. What a bad luck. See u all in the next race

8. Ken Jagger

Tough one Luan :(

9. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I have a still first lap curse oversteered the car lost almost two positions but I got one back at next turns. It was surprise that Rob did not pit, I did not expected. I paced the car all race well. I had couple frozen screen. One of them cost expensive to me but did not pull back. I used med tires as usual. Those keeps me in pace, not softs. I cannot manage softs in the race but Q. Ken kept me behind a while. I tried to pass him two times, one of them ended almost on gravels and on the other one almost did but missed the break point.
    Well I really enjoyed the race and this serie with these cars. Congratulations Rob!