rFactor 2 Round 5 Fuji GP - Sun Mar 6, 2022

Discussion in 'S397 GTE & LMP2 Oreca Multiclass Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 30, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2022
  2. John vd Geest

DISCLAIMER: DRIVING PROTO-TYPES

* If you choose to drive a proto-type in this series, you must realize and accept that in every race you will be held up several times per lap.
    * If you choose to drive a proto-type in this series, you have to respect every other driver on track in any class at any moment (even if you're fighting).
    * If you choose to drive a proto-type in this series, you must realize that the GTE class is your equal on track and does not need to get out of your way.
    * If you choose to drive a proto-type in this series, you must realize that the GTE class is the most difficult of all three classes because they are the slowest.

If a proto-driver does not understand these rules of behaviour, he will be asked to move to the GTE class.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  3. John vd Geest

4. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

this track looks as old as me, havnt we got a newer version to use

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Sadly not. Which is surprising because Fuji is one of the most popular tracks. You would think someone would have made a better version.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tom Parton

Tom Parton Pro Driver

No racing for me this weekend i'm afraid Gents. Girlfriend has decided to book a table for a meal on the Sunday.
    Enjoy Fuji and i'll see you all at Daytona!

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Joe Brown

Joe Brown Pro Driver

Hopefully she'll pay as recompense. :) Enjoy dinner.

8. John vd Geest

Default server password had changed.

The default practice password on the server has changed for this and all coming events.
    Fuji GP practice password

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tom Parton

Tom Parton Pro Driver

Haha, no i'll end up paying...

10. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. This event will be broadcasted
    Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Nassim, Lorenzo & Sameer
    Twitch broadcast link: www .twitch .tv/eitharacingteam (delete the spaces)

2. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

3. Fuji Race Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal
    3) The race will be dry from start to finish.

4. The race starts with a formation lap. Right after leaving the last corner, we double file in qual order.
    a. When the LMP2 pole-sitter crosses the start-line, the race begins for LMP2;
    b. When the GTE pole-sitter crosses the start-line, the race begins for GTE.

5. We will hold a 5-second gap between the different classes on the formation lap. If there is trouble ahead on lap one, you have time to react to it.

6. Each class pole-sitter will do the formation lap approx. 120 km per hour.

7. The server password will be changed on race day. You can find the password for the race server on the Fuji event page.

8. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

9. A kind reminder that you can not use the Le Mans Aero Package in this or any other event in this series.

10, You can find the server by first typing
    sro

11. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

12. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

11. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Going to pull out, Last night while on the server practicing with Neil and Barrett fan cut in on my wheel 1 minute or so after it was making a lot of noise.

I have been offline today to see if the wheel does that again and it has twice.
    Will take it apart and have a look at the fan.
    Have fun, I will watch the broadcast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

no show tonite im afraid, watching the stream in bed with a bad back,

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nassim Alaoui

Nassim Alaoui Pro Driver

hopefully you guys enjoyed today's broadcast :). fantastic race by all of you, well done to all finishers.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

That's unfortunate Nigel. I've had that happen before as well. Cheap part and easy fix. See you next time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

@John vd Geest, will the replay be added to the result page? I would like to take a look at T1 1st lap and it wasn't seen in the stream for the GTE.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Well network hickup, good i didnt practice during weeks and waste any time for this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Will upload the replay tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joe Brown

Joe Brown Pro Driver

You learn from much from your mistakes than you do your successes, and it's been nothing if not a learning championship for me. Enjoy any wins you may get, don't push too hard in the wet and wear your rear tyres so you end up spinning, keep your lights on (or leave them in auto) during the transition from night to day, you can push harder in wet conditions when on slicks, check pit menu to see if there is damage even though the car status page says there isn't, do not under any circumstances trust prototype drivers to be able to control their cars.... If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any. After another really frustrating race, this time not totally through my fault, I think I'm finished with this one. I highly doubt I'll be at Daytona. I was never interested in racing there once the decision to move away from Surfers was made.

Congrats to Barrett for the drivers championship, enjoy your laps of honour on the banking. :)

I'm outta here!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Looks like some kind of network glitch on my replay, Jens. You're thru the corner but then your car jumps forward and back and then just spins as if it were hit from behind, but it doesn't show you contacting anything.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

As Barrett said, looks like some kind of glitch. It looks like you caught the embankment from underneath your car and the curb threw your car around. This has happened to me in other tracks. With the LMP's, if you cross the line you're literally on a rail, can't turn left or right, just have to ride it out. I think even worse if your ride height is even lower.

• Like Like x 2