rFactor 2 Round 5 Hockenheim 1988 - Sun Nov 7, 2021

Discussion in 'DTM 1991 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Just my luck. Feel like racing tonight but the pull of F1 is too much. I will take part in a round of this series I swear. Have a good one and if by 8pm the F1 race proves to be too dull for even me to take I'll race. Have a good one. See you next time (hopefully). :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

That sucks Chris. Rob's right. Let your computer sit and mold grows. Turn it on once or twice a week and my computer seems to be well. I used to let it sit, pedals wouldn't register, r Factor wouldn't load, r factor would crash. You get my point. It's actually still like this but it acts better when I turn on the computer and let it run. Even if I don't want to be on the computer. I know you'll get it sorted.

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Don't any of you guys simply record all the races? I have the entire F1 season recorded so I can watch it on my own time ... :rolleyes:

Hope to see you next round .. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Problem with that is you run the risk of finding out the results before you've watched it. Someone once even came into the race server and told us all the results. I was fuming. I'll name no names Mr TT. You know who you are :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Very true !
    I do a good job of avoidance but you do run that risk..:eek: Still, Ide rather race than watch a race, but that's just me ...:)
    lol Today I hit the wall on lap 2= motor blown o_O:oops::D A short race for me :(:confused::plol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dmitri Buksha

Dmitri Buksha Pro Driver

Barrett sorry.

7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Didn't watch the replay yet, but something happened in the second chicane that propelled me into third place right behind Toni.
    Went a lot quicker than I thought I could. Doing some serious practice on Sunday morning was what it took for the track to reveal her secrets to me.

Came home in second place, even with a big spin and some serious fps lag for me halfway through the race. So Well done to me :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  8. John vd Geest

Replay is uploaded on the event page.

9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

well i should get back to practicing, every race goes bad nowdays...

10. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I found a great setup for this track, but in the end I made a big mess of the race making poor driving choices troughout the race. My sincere apalogies whose race I affected in a negative way.

Qually... I tried to make a good banker lap with a descent time but made a mistake in the first lap. Then I got caught between traffic that made it not possible to drive on the limit. A quick pitstop with 3 minutes on the clock to make a final attempt. In the last lap I made a couple mistakes but was still out to set a descent time. Going on the final straight I misshifted into 2 gears higher and came a few tenths short on pole.

Race... Had a descent start but after the 1st chicane Dmitri pulled out of the draft which put me in the wrong place to be for the 2nd chicane. In the replay I saw he was completely beside me, but in the race I thought he was not that far beside me. I braked where I normally do but could slow down anymore. I moved a bit over to try and make the corner, we touched and I crashed between the tire walls. (On hindsight I should have protected the outside line or give up before braking).

I let everyone pass on started to make a comeback through the field together with Dmitri. Again I made contact with other cars, Artem suffered the most of it when I tried to move up for the 3rd chicane where I spun him around. For me the track had a weird field of view looking very narrow from the car compared to other track. The next couple of overtakes went better until I tried to outbreak Jens in the 1st chicane. I stayed well on the inside to avoid touching him but I overshot the corner and spun, collecting Jens when I spun across the track. My bumper fell off and I had to make a pit stop.

After my pitstop I was at the back with a 54s gap to Barrett. At least I was alone so I could not hit anyone LOL. I gained a lot of time on Barrett. Then everyone else pitted and somehow I was in 5th again closing in on Mark starting with a gap of 23s down. I closed th gap down to 4s when also Jens was in front of me fighting Mark. Pushing to mingle in the fight I made a mistake in the 2nd chicane and got two wheels on the grass. In my eager to get back on the track I lost my front bumper again. With one lap to go I decided to just stay on the track and had to give up 5th for 6th in the end.

Looking back at my races, this was one of the worst I did from driving point of view and I am annoyed by myself... Have to let it go now, learn from my mistakes and up to the next one.... CU later.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

:p:p:p That made me laugh. Good one!

That's a measure of maturity if you ask yourself "how can I improve" instead of "what have I lost ..." :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

btw i watched whole F1 race live on 2nd monitor :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Johnny. Thanks man, no thank you. Ohh man, your to kind :cool:

Came into this race to have fun. I don't get paid to race someone's car. I race on this website to have fun with others. To be truthful, I don't care if I get first or tenth place. I come in here to have fun. I think it's awesome that my equipment turns on and I get to race people from other parts of the world. Now that's the best thing ever. Now, if you pay me it might be a different story lol.

Qualified first. I'll take it.

The straight away on first lap was pretty long so I thought I would get past but it never happened. Ricciardo and Bottas decided to take themselves out. Two went in, none came out. I could feel Toni sniffing down my back lap after lap after lap. I believe he pitted and took tires, again! Don't know, just saying. After this, I brought it home. Was it a easy win? Yes. Will it be the same next time? Probably not.

But overall, I enjoy racing with you guys because you guys are the ones that make all this possible. I showed up. Everyone showed up. That equals fun for everyone.

On to the next race.
    Cheers,
    Johnny

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. John vd Geest

This wasn't enough? :p

upload_2021-11-9_10-8-32.png

• Like Like x 2