Assetto Corsa Round 5 Imola

Discussion in 'Ferrari 458 GT2 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i think Johnny is determined to win this final round with his 77 laps of practise :eek::D I've managed to find time for about 4 laps so far :oops: though i did have a Porsche cup race here last week so i am at least warmed up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

That is a lot of training indeed! :eek:

It's not the final round, there are 2 more after this!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

oh are there? good, for some reason i thought it was the final week. :oops:

5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Had to unregister starting work at 1am off to Newcastle then Carr Gate on the way back have fun.

6. Ken Jagger

Fancy meeting up at Carr Gate Garden Centre for breakfast? ;)

7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Will let you know what time i will be there.

Will message on slack in the morning.

8. Ken Jagger

A reminder for everyone (including the Admins :p) that Qualifying is at 17:45 GMT.

9. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Another great combination of fantastic gt car and great track :cool:
    I love this car, you can really attack the kerbs and it just feels such a good race car.
    Qualified 3rd despite turning up late :)
    Got a good start and was very annoyed to get taken out at T1 whilst in 3rd. As well as losing 12+ seconds before we’d even got going, it allowed Phil and Laurent a completely free run on their strategy choice with nobody close :( Although I had a lot of fun chasing other cars, I spent the whole race just trying to get back to the position I qualified :rolleyes:
    Enjoyed a good tough chase with Tudor for the last 10 minutes, getting past when he snatched a brake on the downhill brake zone and him chasing me hard to the flag. Finished 4th :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

What an intense race that was!

I saw Phil posted a 1'44.1 on the supersofts right before qualifying was about to start. I hadn't done any laps on them but went for it and matched Phil's practice time taking the pole.
    I was thinking of not doing a stop and going on mediums for the race but noticed Phil was on softs.. I doubted for a while waiting for race start. If I could hold him off on the mediums that would play in my favour but I don't think I would be able to for long anyway. So I went for the same strategy as Phil. Start was good, I pulled a 1 second gap on the first lap. Too bad about T1 incidents for Mark, Johnny and others... The gap between me and Phil was about 1-1.5 seconds for the entire first stint. I went in too deep into T1 a few times and Phil really closed in on me, but I was able to build a little gap again. Right before the pit stops Phil must have made a mistake since he fell back to 3 seconds behind. He tried to undercut me, I pitted one lap later and came out about 3.5 seconds in front behind Johnny (who was on a no-stop strategy I think). Easy overtake on Johnny, I think he lifted a bit seeing I would make the move on the outside anyway. I saw Phil was a few laps behind him, the gap to Phil was now 6-7 seconds. I maintained that gap until the chequered flag.

Flat out race from start to finish with Phil on equal pace, this was a good one!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1